NAD - Mesa Nomad 55 combo 1 x 12

firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 363
Got this on approval until Wednesday. Seemed to be great in the shop but trying it at rehearsal this evening. They seem not to be on some peoples love list but don't see why???
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72418
    Be careful not to bump the knobs. It's very easy to break the pots - not a massive job to fix them, but annoying. Very common fault on Nomads.

I must admit I didn't like the sound of the 55 that much - although it's better than the 45, which I hated - but I really liked the 100… the graphic EQ makes all the difference.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Guitarist in the band I used to play in plays on of these - the 2x12 version though, whichever that is. Sounds ace.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    ICBM said:
    Be careful not to bump the knobs. It's very easy to break the pots - not a massive job to fix them, but annoying. Very common fault on Nomads.

I must admit I didn't like the sound of the 55 that much - although it's better than the 45, which I hated - but I really liked the 100… the graphic EQ makes all the difference.
    Which sound though ? 3 separate preamps each with different voicings, only reason I stopped using my 45 (through 2 1x12) was I never got to grips with all the complexity (had to use a crib sheet every time I played it with all those knobs and switches).
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72418
    Jalapeno said:
    ICBM said:

Which sound though ? 3 separate preamps each with different voicings, only reason I stopped using my 45 (through 2 1x12) was I never got to grips with all the complexity (had to use a crib sheet every time I played it with all those knobs and switches).
    All of them - actually there are only two voicings really, channels 2 and 3 share the same signal path, just with different controls. The whole thing just sounds a bit 'congested' to me. The 100W with the GEQ doesn't - it's much clearer and more open-sounding, even with the EQ turned off.

I hated the 45, it was really middy and shouty-sounding. 

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• It's gone back to the shop. A/B with my Redplate it wasn't in the same league, don't know what came over me...