The Magic Money Tree in action

What's Hot
mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
No magic money tree for nurses or for the police, but if you are a homophobic, religious political party then here's a billion pounds I found down the back of the sofa.

Humorously articulated by Artist Taxi Driver

We need another election now to get rid of these clowns.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    At this point I'd like to see politics in its entirety banned, but yeah isn't it convenient how that sort of cash turns up to sweeten the DUP when it's obviously needed elsewhere.....

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    To be fair, the money is for NI as a whole (although I understand NI already gets more cash per head than any other part of the UK).

But it's the ease with which we can find this money for things like this, but not for arguably more pressing areas, which makes this smack of some sort of gerrymandering.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    And Wales and Scotland will be left wanting, and rightly pissed off.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

You missed one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited June 2017
    Wales and Scotland have a fund matching agreement, so the amount will triple

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    mellowsun said:
    gerrymandering.

We don't have Gerrymandering in the UK!  That's the US.

We just bribe our voters instead, or so it seems.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited June 2017
    It's not new money. It's money that's been 'brought forward' for infrastructure projects for the whole of N. Ireland, so the government will get a large chunk of it back in taxes and down the line the budgets will be adjusted. No fan of May but this is peanuts. Sadiq Khan is jumping up and down .. DUP bigots .. doesn't Khan support the Muslim Brotherhood? What is their stance of gay rights?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Well they know what they can do then. N Ireland is a special case for obvious reasons.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Fretwired said:
    It's not new money. It's money that's been 'brought forward' for infrastructure projects for the whole of N. Ireland, so the government will get a large chunk of it back in taxes and down the line the budgets will be adjusted. No fan of May but this is peanuts. Sadiq Khan is jumping up and down .. DUP bigots .. doesn't Khan support the Muslim Brotherhood? What is their stance of gay rights?
    Do you read EDL or Britain First literature? 

http://www.snopes.com/sadiq-khan-video/
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Not that much money by Westminster standards though - I mean it's only three or four of them Boris Garden Bridges.

And the squeaky wheel gets oiled...

Anyone notice the photos at the signing don't actually show Theresa signing anything?  She ain't stupid...

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Northern Ireland is already a money pit. Still if my taxes do something useful, like keeping Corbyn out, then I suppose it's better than wasting it on cheap environmental virtue signalling by cladding concrete buildings in flammable insulation. 

The more I see of government in a tin the more convinced I am that most of its functions need privitised or abolished. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2017
    antifash said:
    Fretwired said:
    Do you read EDL or Britain First literature? 

http://www.snopes.com/sadiq-khan-video/
    What are you smoking? The Muslim Brotherhood is a legal organisation in the UK and are not terrorists. David Cameron carried out a review and found they had NO TERRORIST links so he didn't ban them. What you're banging on about EDL for God only knows. However, the Muslim Brotherhood have pretty much the same view on gay rights as the DUP. Corbyn and Khan have attended Brotherhood events. A whiff of hypocrisy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    The Brotherhood most likely have the same stance as the DUP, basically that homosexuality is a stain on society and needs curing ;)

The need to bring Khan into this is irrelevant anyway. We're currently going through austerity, which requires a lot of cuts, so the money that's been 'bought forward', could well be money saved by the same cuts. Besides it's not like anyone else pays taxes in Britain...... right?

Fretwired said:
    The Brotherhood most likely have the same stance as the DUP, basically that homosexuality is a stain on society and needs curing ;)

The need to bring Khan into this is irrelevant anyway. We're currently going through austerity, which requires a lot of cuts, so the money that's been 'bought forward', could well be money saved by the same cuts. Besides it's not like anyone else pays taxes in Britain...... right?

I give up ... Khan and co aren't moaning about the money, but that the Tories are in an alliance with the DUP. Personally I don't care as I can't stand the Tories but I'm finding the rank hypocrisy throughout UK politics hard to swallow.

@Fretwired I totally get what you mean and the hypocrisy of politicians makes me angry too. I'm just bored of having it pointed out that all politicians shysters :)

PS you responded 2 mins before me. Oops lol :grin:

• martmart Frets: 5205
    Evilmags said:
    The more I see of government in a tin ...
    I like the sound of government-in-a-tin. Do you find it in the canned vegetables aisle in Tesco?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    What would be hilarious, but definitely not out of the question, is failing to get her queens speach through anyway. It's entirely possible that her own back bench will vote it down. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16309
    What would be hilarious, but definitely not out of the question, is failing to get her queens speach through anyway. It's entirely possible that her own back bench will vote it down. 
    It wouldn't take many and the Scottish Tory MPs are in a strong enough position to control May if they wanted to; Ruth Davidson would only go up in my estimation if she lead them to revolt against Theresa. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    So austerity was a con , there's loads of money to spread for the "right" causes.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom