Dr Z Release Their OWN Kemper Profiles !!

WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9560
A very intersting business move this methinks.

They sound superb too !

http://www.drzamps-zgear.com/store/c8/DR._Z_Kemper_Profiles.html

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    This might have sold me on getting a Kemper.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    They sound great - I shall definitely be picking this pack up.
    Who's next to profile their own wares? Mesa perhaps?
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 784
    Wazmeister, I know you've had the powered  kemper for a while now & being a 'good' amp lover, have you an update on the  kemper & how it performs as an amp in the room ? I'd appreciate your findings. Ta.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    This type of thing is surely part of the future business model for amp manufacturers.

Multiple brands have official Amplitube packs, Celestion have released their own IRs... I think we'll see most major brands getting involved with digital platforms over time as that's the way the market is going - especially for home use
  • jimificationjimification Frets: 161
    edited June 2017
    gordiji said:
    Wazmeister, I know you've had the powered  kemper for a while now & being a 'good' amp lover, have you an update on the  kemper & how it performs as an amp in the room ? I'd appreciate your findings. Ta.
    Seconded! - I've not used the batphone thingy here yet but....@wazmeister ; - commisioner Gordon says he has the Kemper and thinks it sounds fantastic through his guitar cab but would love to hear from someone that has one side by side with some proper nice Carr's and the like a la Mr Waz...is there a final few percent of "magic" to be gained from having the "real" amp in a fancy pine cabinet etc ?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9560
    gordiji said:
    Mate, like all digital modelling devices, I think that the real struggle and learning curve is about setting up the units. This is not always straight forward.

However, once this has occurred, the sounds of the Kemper are VERY good indeed; the amps are better than Fractal and Helix, imho. 

Some of the amps are simply amazing; the Rambler and Redplate amps that I own have been VERY closely modelled and sound superb.

There is often a very slight digital element to the sound, but these can be soon and easily 'dialled out'.

In all, the Kemper is amazing and great value for money.

gordiji said:
    Seconded! - I've not used the batphone thingy here yet but....@wazmeister ; - commisioner Gordon says he has the Kemper and thinks it sounds fantastic through his guitar cab but would love to hear from someone that has one side by side with some proper nice Carr's and the like a la Mr Waz...is there a final few percent of "magic" to be gained from having the "real" amp in a fancy pine cabinet etc ?
    I run the Kemper literally alongside the Carr Rambler and Redplate RP50R...

I must admit 99% of the time, I do use the real Rambler - simply because it IS one of the greatest amps ever made imho, and takes pedals/Helix superbly.

In a live situation, I reckon sound wise you wouldn't know the difference. It's only at bedroom settings where the extra few % begin to show.

I still think that real amps do feel better, if that makes sense. But only just...
  • gordiji said:

I must admit 99% of the time, I do use the real Rambler - simply because it IS one of the greatest amps ever made imho, and takes pedals/Helix superbly.

In a live situation, I reckon sound wise you wouldn't know the difference. It's only at bedroom settings where the extra few % begin to show.

I still think that real amps do feel better, if that makes sense. But only just...
    Oh no! Here I go again - to Kemper or not to Kemper.....
    edited June 2017
    With regards to the modelled Dr Z amps, they are incredible value for $35.

It the sound vs feel argument, I often think with modelling. For example, I only had a brief play but the EZG is one of my favourite amps ever. Its strength is that it works BEST through a 4x10, and that throw of sound is difficult to get thru a modelling speaker/smaller speaker.

Again, ymmv...
  • jimificationjimification Frets: 161
    edited June 2017
    gordiji said:
    Seconded! - I've not used the batphone thingy here yet but....@wazmeister ;;;;; - commisioner Gordon says he has the Kemper and thinks it sounds fantastic through his guitar cab but would love to hear from someone that has one side by side with some proper nice Carr's and the like a la Mr Waz...is there a final few percent of "magic" to be gained from having the "real" amp in a fancy pine cabinet etc ?

Thanks! That's very useful. I love the Kemper and it sounds fantastic to me but I still have an itch to add to it with something in the bootiquey tubey realm for enjoying around the house.

firepaulmusic - do it! They are sooo good.  I'm only considering a "real" amp as a luxury "as well as..."  - If I had to just have one or the other it would be the Kemper for tonal flexibility and the ability to get close to all those magic tones on headphones. Buy a good condish used one and you'll likely lose very lilttle if you don't get on with it. (give it a month, though - like Waz said it takes a while to dial in)