London ..nice pubs and things to do

What's Hot
mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
As title ,going to london for green day ,so friday and sunday i want some places with nice pubs etc,done camden and covent garden anywhere else ?plus any music exerbitions on ?thanks in advance 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    You could visit The Angel, Islington, plenty of nice pubs and restaurants. And there might be something on at the O2 academy.
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2108
    There's a Pink Floyd exhibition at the V&A - https://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/pink-floyd
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4993
    You could visit Spiritland when in London.  The following is an article about it that was published on www.tnt-audio.com some time back.  I have never been there so this is a blind suggestion.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/tours/spiritland_e.html

If you go, enjoy the music.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    Rocker said:
    You could visit Spiritland when in London.  The following is an article about it that was published on www.tnt-audio.com some time back.  I have never been there so this is a blind suggestion.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/tours/spiritland_e.html

If you go, enjoy the music.
    @Rocker ;

I’m heading here on Thursday for a Beatles music night  =)
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    proggy said:
    You could visit The Angel, Islington, plenty of nice pubs and restaurants. And there might be something on at the O2 academy.
    Might catch a real life stabbing too.

Visit Camden lock, Science/NH museums, take a walk along the south bank if the weather is nice. 

Walking through Regents Park from Baker St to Camden is nice, you can skirt the back of London Zoo that way.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    P.s. don't wave your phone around, be suspicious of mopeds at all times.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16147
       COUTH AND SERENE   ; Greenwich
     Hampstead
     Richmond/ Barnes
     Chelsea
    Wimbledon Village

EDGY AND COOL ;
    Hoxton and Shoreditch
    Kings Cross /st Martins/ Canada Square
    Spitalfields

OLD ESTABLISHED COOL BUT TOURISTY
    Portabello
    Carnaby Street
    Notting Hill 
    Westbourne Grove
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4732
    edited May 2018
    proggy said:
    I'd rather play with wasps - I cannot abide Islington, it's even worse than Camden Town and all its horrors.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4732
    P.s. don't wave your phone around, be suspicious of mopeds at all times.

To be honest, it's not the mopeds but the little bastards riding them.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    If you are thinking of Covent Garden, then the Seven Dials and Neal's Yard area is worth smooch, and not just for the pubs either. Some good and interesting shops.

If you had more time or happy to go nearer the river, then you could do St Katherine Docks - with it's pubs and a little history. (Use Tower Hill or Tower Gateway).

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4321

I did a night out with some mates recently around Bank.

A lot of the pubs are 100s of years old so have a nice bit of history. The original Bank of England is now a pub.

The Pelt Trader is ale only, which is great if you like that sort of thing. Loads of different ones to try.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    Sunday, take the ferry down to Greenwich, look around the stalls in the covered market and on the quay, ogle the Maritime museum, wander up the hill to the park, do a pub lunch and then check out the free music from 4pm at a proper dodgy local boozer like the Morden Arms in Greenwich or the Bird's Nest, Deptford, back into town on the Docklands Light Railway.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Limehouse_BluesLimehouse_Blues Frets: 1160
    edited May 2018
    Walk from Tower Bridge to Canary Wharf along the river through Wapping and Limehouse and stop to quench your thirst en route at to the Town of Ramsgate, the Prospect of Whitby, the Narrow and the Grapes. All pleasant places to sip a pint by the water. From Canary Wharf get the Thames Clipper back into town.

Another good longer waterside walk that can start or end at Limehouse is along the Regents canal. From the Limehouse marina you can walk all the way along the canal to Paddington basin via Regents Park and Camden. You can also jump off the canal at Primrose Hill after the zoo, walk to the top of the hill to admire the view and then, if feeling energetic continue up Haverstock Hill through Belsize Park to reach Hampstead Heath. Myriad watering holes en route.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    rlw said:
    proggy said:
    I'd rather play with wasps - I cannot abide Islington, it's even worse than Camden Town and all its horrors.

So what would you suggest then?

The Chelsea Flower Show maybe!  probably plenty of wasps there for you to play with.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7236
    edited May 2018
    Walk from Tower Bridge to Canary Wharf along the river through Wapping and Limehouse and stop to quench your thirst en route at to the Town of Ramsgate, the Prospect of Whitby, the Narrow and the Grapes. All pleasant places to sip a pint by the water. From Canary Wharf get the Thames Clipper back into town.

You got a wisdom from me and I got a big flashback. I lived in Narrow Street in the 90s and in those days the only thing going for it were the pubs between there and Wapping.
  • Walk from Tower Bridge to Canary Wharf along the river through Wapping and Limehouse and stop to quench your thirst en route at to the Town of Ramsgate, the Prospect of Whitby, the Narrow and the Grapes. All pleasant places to sip a pint by the water. From Canary Wharf get the Thames Clipper back into town.

You got a wisdom from me and I got a big flashback. I lived in Narrow Street in the 90s and in those days the only thing going for it were the pubs between there and Wapping.
    It's a great part of London with some interesting history
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    I work around Borough, it's a nice place to mooch around.  Like most of London, it's a little up its own arse, but kinda cool.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/