Bulldog Bash

RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
Despite not actually owning a motorcycle, I always thought the Bulldog Bash looked good fun for a weekend away.  If, for no other reason than they always seemed to have some decent bands on in the past... Motorhead, UFO, Wildhearts, etc. 

Now, it just looks like a few tribute bands? What happened....? Anyone going?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    edited June 2017
    I didn't know it was still happening.

My old band played there on one of the stages back in the mid 2000s. Seriously one of the best festivals I've been to - everybody was chilled out, a great atmosphere and there's something for everybody, whether you be a rocker, a raver or a metalhead. One night I was in the dance tent off my nut for hours and I woke up in an exposed part of the field at 6am surrounded by about half a dozen HA members. They were safe as houses and there was no trouble anywhere all weekend. Plus, I literally know fuck all about motorcycles.

I thought the controversy with one of the HA members getting killed on the motorway a few years back may have something to do with it's decline?
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6526
    Used to go there with the ex wife. For years Motorhead were rumoured to play...which they eventually did the first year I didn't go, having split up with the wife!

Saw some good bands there - Therapy? were, as usual, ace, Status Quo were great, The Damned  - but whenever I have looked online recently, yes, seems to be all tribute bands now.

They also seem to have got rid of the Dance Tent. Dance Tent at a biker bash, you say? Well, you'd be surprised how flipping popular it was. Got some respectably famous DJ names down there some years too.
    Was always very odd watching bikers swaying in time to the dance music, can of beer in hand :)

I think they had some succesful years after the murder of Gerry Tobin (I think his name was..) but definitely looks like a shadow of its former self. Also, I think they have missed some years where they haven't had a bash at all, but I could be wrong.

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1384
    This years band line up http://bulldogbash.co.uk/bands-2017/
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    A few of me mates on that line up, Bessie And The Zinc Buckets, Big Red And The Grinners and The Dirty South.
    #thebatesmotelband