I'd forgotten how awesome Brad Paisley is

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
I have two Brad Paisley CD, and I threw them in the car to play driving to work this week. Whilst country music isn't for everyone, I have to say that his guitar playing is superb, really great solos and all with an unforgiving basically clean sound. I think that you'd have to be a pretty hot guitar player to nail his solos with all the nuance, they are way beyond me.

So yeah, great player, I'm gonna pick up some more CDs. Any fans?

Here's a quick video:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8754
    It's a horrible paint job on that Tele. You can see the orange peel and brush strokes when it reflects the light, say at 0:19 and 1:04.

Back on topic. I like that he plays things which are more interesting than three chords and a bunch of cliches, but often his showmanship seems more important to him than the music.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Roland said:

Back on topic. I like that he plays things which are more interesting than three chords and a bunch of cliches, but often his showmanship seems more important to him than the music.
    I would disagree with that personally, my appreciation of his guitar playing is based purely on listening to his recordings. I also see 'showmanship' in a live situation as a big plus, but hey, if people like to see someone just stand still and play then that's cool if it's what they like.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7796
    He's a real gear head, i dig that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4993
    His playing skills and outstanding technical ability might converge one day and produce some real music. But don't hold your breath....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Rocker said:
    His playing skills and outstanding technical ability might converge one day and produce some real music. But don't hold your breath....
    What?

This not doing anything for you?

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."