pay day loans

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• randellarandella Frets: 4302
    On Brighthouse for a second...

With these buggers it's not just the exorbitant interest rates, it's that they're selling crap. Old, discontinued models at eye-watering markup, with the appalling APR stacked on top. Crap washing machine £200 in an end-of-line sale at AO will cheerfully sell for 10s if not 100s of percent markup on that at Brighthouse.  That's the base cost that you're then paying back at 1000s of % APR. 

It really is highway robbery, I don't care how you stack it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    Has anyone tried going over an on overdraft limit with a high street bank?  You go £20 over so you pay in 30 quid only to find that they've charged you 35 quid to tell you you went over.  This means they'll charge you the same again tomorrow ad infinitum.  In less fortunate times I got in a pickle due to an incompetent accountant which produced a big tax bill - like £10k when he'd told me to expect £3k.  Lloyds saw fit to lend me £5k(!) and by the time I'd cleared the debt I worked out that I'd been paying the equivalent of 4300%.  Nobody smiled more than me when the PPI cheque came through 20 years later :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom