Paranoid Android acoustic?

What's Hot
Rayza1983Rayza1983 Frets: 40
Does anyone know of any info how Radiohead got the acoustic sound for the 1st section of Paranoid Android. Dam it is so hard to replicate off the record. I've learnt it as a cross picking action and it would be good live scenario but doesn't go so good to the original track. I'm betting they mixed 3 acoustic guitars on the track. It is wonderful perfect work to get that sound. The electric guitars just add perfectly too
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27196
    edited July 2017
    It's one guitar, played by Thom, probably recorded with several mics. Though it is bolstered by a heavily-phased electric in the left channel following a lot of the same notes and runs.

He's done it completely acoustic a few times: 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Rayza1983Rayza1983 Frets: 40
    It's one guitar, played by Thom, probably recorded with several mics. Though it is bolstered by a heavily-phased electric in the left channel following a lot of the same notes and runs.

Sorry but there's no way it's just 1 acoustic on the recording imo
  • Rayza1983Rayza1983 Frets: 40

To be fair you may be right, I just found this guy doing a lesson and it sounds very close as I played it along

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27196
    edited July 2017
    It definitely is - If you listen with good headphones it's fairly clear that it's a single guitar.  

I can play the whole part on one acoustic quite happily, though it's tough until you get your head around it.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It's one guitar, played by Thom, probably recorded with several mics. Though it is bolstered by a heavily-phased electric in the left channel following a lot of the same notes and runs.

I am far from a Radiohead fan - but that is pretty impressive. 

In an Interesting artistic parallel the camera work in this clip is of the same quality as the songs on 'king of limbs'. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1389
    It's heavily processed and compressed, I think. A really unique sound.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5551
    I've been playing it for years and would love to have the balls to try it out in public.