SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTT: Looking for travel guitar, lots of surplus guitar stuff to trade

richhrichh Frets: 451
I'm after a travel guitar with case or gigbag.  I'm after an electric 6 string guitar, really as small as possible, so I can fit it in the car boot when we go away on holiday, as we have a small car.

Lots of stuff I could trade, especially electric guitars, but maybe effects or other bits or an amp.

Anything out there?

I'm Oxford based, but up in Birmingham sometimes.

Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Any interest in an as new Emerald X7 Opus with LR Baggs?
  • richhrichh Frets: 451
    Thanks, but I'm probably looking at something more 'cricket bat' like, such as Steinberger / Hohner sort of thing!
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Did somebody say "Hohner"? :)  I had to butt in.

You will find the Hohners (and similar Steinberger types) are very compact by the way.  My old G3T sounds a bit "middly" and the controls are in an awkward position but it's fine as a train travel guitar.  I think you're on the right track considering one.

• dhjdhj Frets: 21
    I was in the market for one of these and found one recently I was allowed to play. I couldn't get on with it at all as it was seriously neck heavy and I was constantly battling to keep the neck in the air. You may be ok with it but just a heads up.
    Thanks for the heads up on this.  There seem to be quite a few options out there, so hopefully something more playable and better balanced...
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    dhj said:
    I was in the market for one of these and found one recently I was allowed to play. I couldn't get on with it at all as it was seriously neck heavy and I was constantly battling to keep the neck in the air. You may be ok with it but just a heads up.
    "Heads up" - that's funny!
    It's the way I tell them...

Now who's got a travel geetar?  At this rate I'll be stuck in a rainy caravan playing effing Cluedo on holiday...
  • longshinslongshins Frets: 246
    I've got an oil can guitar with P90s if interested? Not super playable, not horrendous either.
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

I don't think the cricket bat styles are neck heavy. With the Hohner I have I need to keep the right hand close to the body to keep it under control, but I think that's because the body is so narrow and tends not to stay in place.

Try one before buying if possible though, because the small body will feel odd.

Thanks @Ravenous will keep that in mind.  I'm really looking for as physically small as possible for transportation, something I can plug into a headphone amp, and ideally acoustically quiet, so it doesn't disturb other people.
    Brum-pety-bump, still looking - really after a cricket bat for smallest size possible - will be up in Birmingham at the weekend...
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    I used to have a Pignose travel guitar with built-in amplifier. Very good for what it was.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm looking for something to use with a headphone amp, really a silent practise thing mainly.
    Bump - still looking, probably looking either a Steinberger style 'cricket bat' or Yamaha silent guitar type.

If you've got anything of that type, I've got a few ads up at the minute for bits I'm not using and may have some other items as well.

Thanks.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14458
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.