PSA: Paul C Tim 2017

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941

Sassafras said:
    But is he a savvy business man? He's making a highly regarded product but not making much money. He's not capitalising on the inherent value in his brand. Maybe he doesn't want to, which is fair enough.
    Yeah, that's just what the world needs, more greedy, rapacious, ruthless money grubbing toads like Mr Vertex.
    You don't need to be greedy or ruthless to expand your horizons, build your business and make more money that can be reinvested to make even more and better products, creating a lasting legacy for your family.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11453
    Quite a few small builders have run into trouble when they have expanded.

I wonder if we are close to "Peak Drive Pedals".  I think I own 10 yet I find myself using my Kemper more than anything else.  Spending lots of money expanding at the moment might not be a good idea.

Also, some people don't like the business side of it.  If you move out of your shed, and take on staff, you will end up spending a lot of time doing business admin.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    crunchman said:
    Quite a few small builders have run into trouble when they have expanded.

I wonder if we are close to "Peak Drive Pedals".  I think I own 10 yet I find myself using my Kemper more than anything else.  Spending lots of money expanding at the moment might not be a good idea.

Also, some people don't like the business side of it.  If you move out of your shed, and take on staff, you will end up spending a lot of time doing business admin.

I think you may have a point here. The Helix drives are very good and when I compared a RYRA Klone with the Helix Minotaur model I preferred it.

I currently have a Strymon Sunset which is really a 6 drives in 1 modeller drive pedal with comprehensive routing options, although it's expensive, it's cheaper than having all 6 of those drives as individual boutique pedals at £170+ a pop.

Agreed that some pedal builders absolutely do it for the enjoyment and don't care for expanding, there's nothing wrong with that at all, but it can be frustrating when scarcity is an issue due to build backlog (KOT etc.) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom