1u 19" Power Amps

KylefKylef Frets: 1042
Are they a thing? Any recommendations?

Want something to Power my Pod Pro for house use. Had a Crown XLS402 before which did a job but wondered if there was something smaller?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    Matrix GT1000FX, 1000 watts and 1U.

I've got one, and the only issue is the fan is moderately noisy.  If you're playing whisper quiet it might get annoying, if you're playing with a band you won't hear it at all.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

I've also been using a matrix GT1000FX.
    Got a very flat EQ on it so can take amp emulations really well.

seen a few for sale on the forum....

HB ones get a good write up for the price  -   http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/105715/harley-benton-gpa-400-and-4u-rack-150#latest

Marshall also do a 1u power amp. its valve so will colour the tone. - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/105598/f-s-marshall-20-20-1u-rack-amp-300#latest

• GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    I had one of the Marshall 20/20 a while back and really didn't like its sound at high volumes.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    edited July 2017
    I have the Marshall 20/20 use it in an FRFR with the Helix and Axe-Fx, sounds great if you put decent valves in it, they do run hot so I'd recommend putting as the uppermost rack unit or leave a space with a blanking plate
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72418
    There are also two Marshall Valvestate power amps - discontinued but not too rare. The 8008 (80W per channel) is very good, the 8004 (40W per channel) isn't. Easy to tell apart visually at a glance, the 8008 has volume controls on the front and the 8004 doesn't.

Personally I prefer the 8008 to the 20/20.

Mesa also did a 20W valve 1U rack, which I also prefer to the Marshall, but it's rare and tends to be expensive.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    The Harley Benton one is actually really good and cheap too