SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Tone King Ironman Attenuator

nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
edited August 2017 in Amps £
I'm currently looking to go Esquire shopping so this is going to make way to help with the funds.  Since getting my little 56 champ I'm not finding the need to use my larger amp at home so this is now not getting the use it deserves. 

This is the beast of all attenuators!  The original Tone King Ironman MK1.  Not the wimpy current MK2 version that only handles 30W and doesn't have the switchable impedance, this behemoth can take 100W and selects both input and output impedance.

It's literary built like a tank and is by far the best attenuator I've used.

Heres some blurb with the technical info:

Since its introduction at NAMM 2012, the IRONMAN has emerged as THE attenuation standard. It takes attenuation technology to a new level, with its precision reactive load and 100% pure transformer coupling of both load and speaker at every level of attenuation. With this technology, your amp sees the same complex load impedance at every level of attenuation. The speaker is likewise coupled to the amplifier with 100% pure transformer coupling (no resistors!), for the most transparent and accurate coupling possible, at every level of attenuation. 

Max Power Handling: 100W RMS

Input impedance: 4, 8, 16 Ohms (selectable)

Output impedance: 4,8,16 ohms (selectable, independent of input impedance)

Line Out: Adjustable, speaker simulated

Bypass: True Bypass Switch

Load Type: Precision Reactive Load; models 25W G12M to within +/- 1db

Power Division: Pure transformer matching of load and speakerat all attenuation steps

That manual is downloadable here:

http://www.toneking.com/ownermanuals/Ironman_1_0.pdf

It's got a few light markings on the case but works flawlessly,  the pictures will show the condition better than words can:

I'm looking for £350 for it delivered to your door in the UK.  It weighs not far off 7kg and will be packed and protected well.

Payment assumes ppg or buyer covers the fees.

Cheers for looking

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments