NGD: Burst

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    email'd
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Welcome to the Forum, Anthony, you young Rascal ;) yes, it's Ian ;) at this rate we'll be the hub of TheFretboard instead of F1 ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited July 2017
    I have to confess I was expecting a 'tomato sauce' top......but damn that guitar is just drop dead gorgeous.

I'd love to see it in a year's time with a little honest wear and fade on it...........TBH preferably in a box being delivered to my home for £500 or so.......

Enjoy it..if it sounds like it looks it's a lifetime LP.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    That`s absolutely lovely
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3160
    edited July 2021 tFB Trader
    Here is another burst that Ant has done for someone else. It's the sister guitar to mine as both the top and body were cut from the same stock.

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Blimey.  This is giving me all sorts of expensive ideas.
  • Wow beautiful woodmanship! :)

What's the story with the red top? Was that at your specific request?  Don't get me wrong, it's lovely, just that I've seen a lot of real bursts in my day and never seen anything that red before.

Is the dye going to fade like they used in the 50s or locked in like the 1960 version?
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3160
    tFB Trader
    clarkefan said:
    Wow beautiful woodmanship! :)

What's the story with the red top? Was that at your specific request?  Don't get me wrong, it's lovely, just that I've seen a lot of real bursts in my day and never seen anything that red before.

Is the dye going to fade like they used in the 50s or locked in like the 1960 version?
    It does look very red in these photos, maybe a smidge more than real life. It will fade over time so more of the orange and yellow will come through. It's the same as getting your hair cut slightly shorter than you'd like, so it grows into where you want it :)
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Ah fuck that's Beautiful, I'm trying not to buy yet another guitar, but I'm 40 in March and well you know :D
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    edited September 2017
    *Swoons*...*Faints*
  • The second guitar is pretty similar in character to Chris' guitar. It has one of 3 Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard that were salvaged from a board that farmer near Stratford upon Avon was just about to nail to a footbridge as a repair. The last one I am reserving for myself for a special project when time allows. I got the wood somewhere around 1994/5 and was originally brought amongst a job lot of mixed hardwood the farmer purchased at next to nothing with the intentions that the wood would used to repair items around the farmer. A local sawmiller walking his dog couldn't help but notice what the farmer was up to and offered him the equal amounts of Green oak for the mixed hardwoods. My guess is that the wood was imported in the early sixties as Rosewood furniture had long been out of fashion as he brought this from a bankrupt furniture manufacturer. However getting Rio of this quality is only a pipe dream now. I was quoted €175.00 Canadian dollars a fingerboard from a guy who has full and complete documentation for CITES and has probably one of the only truly legal stock of this material now. I actually find it a bit of a joke bevause as a maker having made both Acoustic guitars and electrics with Rio fingerboards, it really doesn't matter and doesn't offer anything supersonic to a guitar. My best acoustic to date was an Indian Rosewood back and sides and it simply fllored the Rio guitars I have built.frankly I would rather use good Indian than Bad Rio any day of the week(most Rio on the market is the dregs now anyways). I have a stock of Old Madagascan Rosewood that is way better than any Rio I have seen lately...
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Fuck me there lovely 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Well that's without doubt the nicest looking guitar I've ever seen. Truly beautiful. For tFB 2018 calendar, can it be used for January...and maybe all the other months too?