Cheap guitar what to do

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4925
    Chalky said:
    57Deluxe said: 
    if it is really worth nothing to you, then post it on Freecycle.org and let some youngster have the use. Do be careful not to let it go to the first respondee as you get 'chancers' scouring the new posts for anything resalable...
    Friends were telling me that the attitudes like yours are killing Freecycle.  Folks can't give stuff away (to be recycled, which was the original intention, hence the name) because the 'givers' want to judge you when you knock on their door, and give you the third degree about whether you deserve their free stuff, and then expect you be gushing with your praise for their saintly bestowing upon you of their tat that they would otherwise have had to take to the tip!
    I disagree - nobody said you have to grill the person when they collect.

However, when I give something away, I would prefer it to go to an enthusiast or someone who can use it, rather than just for someone to flip.

Me, I generally wait a few days to see the requests which come in and then pick the most polite one(s).

I mainly give away computers, but also some other things.

A few years ago I got a Fender guitar off someone; I've still got it.

The most recent thing I picked up turned out not to be what was offered and also had parts missing, so I'll be taking it to the tip.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sellisnbasellisnba Frets: 7
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for all the replys, had a good laugh at one of them, I'm probably going to just keep hold of the guitar for now and mod it a little bit. 
    It will rarely get played but to be honest, I cannot be arsed with eBay. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom