Do you have a favourite child?

What's Hot
DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4550
edited July 2017 in Off Topic
I have two daughters, one is 5 and the other 2.

The 5 year old is very bright and happy but also a touch flouncy at times and doesn't like it when I play guitar. The 2 year old on the other hand is happy to see me when I get home and dives right in whenever I fire the guitar up, strumming the strings and playing with the knobs on the board, and therefore my favourite at the moment.

I hear you're not supposed to choose buy do you have a favourite? Does it change a lot?

Over.
5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I have a better bond with the older one, I love the baby just as much though

Suppose it's a question i'll face when they are both old enough to have distinct personalities 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24811
    Yes - my 15 year old son. Bright, perceptive, kind, funny.... A great person - and my only child....
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4550
    True joey. I am expecting it to change throughout the years but at the moment the youngest seems definitely from my side of the family
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    My wife says I'm like Bruce Forsyth because whenever I cuddle my younger daughters I say to them " You know you're my favourite "...............Of course, I say it to all of them all the time .
    It's probably a bit silly but it makes them feel special.
    It's a bit like those old fashioned restauranteurs who tell all their regular customers that they are their most special client.
    I dread to think what I would be like if I lived my fantasy life with a full Harem .
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I only have one child. My 11 year old daughter. When she was born I realised I have a recessive ginger gene so I thought it a kindness not to produce any more offspring. The risks are just too high. 

She's nearly my favourite.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    I do but she isn't mine.
    My wife's best friend's daughter is an absolute angel and is absolutely hilarious whenever we see them.

I still prefer dogs to children though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14456
    octatonic said:
    I still prefer dogs to children 
    ... but you couldn't eat a whole one. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    octatonic said:
    I still prefer dogs to children 
    ... but you couldn't eat a whole one. ;)
    Would depend on the dog.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4646
    Yep the three dogs at the moment. Two teenagers at home giving us hell.
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    No!!! All are perfect!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14456
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    edited July 2017
    My son has mental health problems so is more "difficult" to deal with than my daughter, at least in some respects. He's a good lad though and he's got the same sense of humour as me, so we get on very well.

My daughter is hugely independent, quite arsey and is guaranteed to take the opposite path to anything that's suggested to her. I do admire her spirit  of adventure and her "fuck it, I'll do what I want" attitude though. 

So overall, nope, I love them both equally, but for very different reasons. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited July 2017
    Yep, I definitely get on better with my eldest. 
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    NO. 
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    Both of my kids think the other one is the favourite.

I tolerate them both equally.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72412
    I love my kids equally…

But my youngest one has suddenly developed an interest in Airfix models after she was out with my wife and they found an unopened Red Arrows Hawk Jet kit in a charity shop, and for some reason she thought it looked interesting.

We have spent the weekend opening my old tins of paint that haven't been touched in literally 35 years - most are still perfectly usable - learning how to use an X-Acto knife, and glue bits of plastic together without making a mess of the dining room table. So today she wins.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24811
    edited July 2017
    ICBM said:
    I love my kids equally…

But my youngest one has suddenly developed an interest in Airfix models after she was out with my wife and they found an unopened Red Arrows Hawk Jet kit in a charity shop, and for some reason she thought it looked interesting.

We have spent the weekend opening my old tins of paint that haven't been touched in literally 35 years - most are still perfectly usable - learning how to use an X-Acto knife, and glue bits of plastic together without making a mess of the dining room table. So today she wins.

If you can do a 9F Airfix railway locomotive without glueing up the valve gear - you're doing very well. Black-belt model making that is....

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    I think there are times when I would have said yes. I have a daughter who is 12 and a son who is 10. They are both awesome in different ways, but it took a lot longer to bond with my son than with my daughter, so for a while, I guess my daughter was my favourite in all honesty. Mentally I think she is much more like me (although my son is the one who plays guitar). I like to think (and honestly believe) that I don't have one but I can understand if people do. I am sure I was my parents favourite after all :)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I could never think of one of my four as favourite, but oldest son gave me hell late teens, son two has problems that worry me, daughter one is ok, but youngest daughter still wants to do things with me - fixing stuff, making stuff, food shopping etc, and that is a real joy. She's 12 now, it won't last forever!
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7804
    Oh clearly my daughter. She is 3 1/2, loves lego , drums and daddy. Son is 9 months, at the annoying mobile and dangerous stage. Destroys not plays and only wants his mum. No contest.