Spotify

What's Hot
SRichSRich Frets: 762
edited July 2017 in Off Topic
Spotify's great, I'm a believer.

From time to time though, flipping thru albums I've already downloaded to my phone, they are grey'd out as if I need to download again. 

Just a few minutes ago I noted that Spotify was downloading 976 files....which I find odd.

What am I missing.....do they reupload songs you've previously had?

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    SRich said:
    Spotify's great, I'm a believer.

From time to time though, flipping thru albums I've already downloaded to my phone, they are grey'd out as if I need to download again. 

Just a few minutes ago I noted that Spotify was downloading 976 files....which I find odd.

What am I missing.....do they reupload songs you've previously had?
    Do you have an android phone? I had this issue when I was on Android - but not had the issue since I've been on my iPhone. 

I literally don't know what I'd do without Spotify....I use it at least 40-50 hours a week. 
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    Yup Android...

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Happens to me too. Uninstall, clear cache, reinstall. The music files should still be stored on your phone.
    My V key is broken
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Could be newer versions of the file.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Happens with me too
  • Does anyone else have issues once the phone is connected and playing through the car radio?

When  I try to switch songs using the steering wheel controls, there is a delay of around 1 minute.

And spotify also hangs for ages and says I'm offline when I have a 4G signal.

If the selection wasn;t so good, I would get rid of it! 
    DanR said:
    I'll give you a wiz for that.....but 976 new files?

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Does anyone else have issues once the phone is connected and playing through the car radio?

When  I try to switch songs using the steering wheel controls, there is a delay of around 1 minute.

I suspect it's not a spotify problem...I have no issues connecting via USB or bluetooth to my Lexus in car system thingy. Only time it doesn't work is if I've previously been listening to a song that's not on my phone - I have to manually re-start the song sometimes on the phone for the playback to start. 

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited July 2017
    SRich said:
    DanR said:
    I'll give you a wiz for that.....but 976 new files?
    Was it all your files?

Maybe a new algorithm for storage on your phone?

Maybe a different but rate clicked?

I've had it happen a few times on my iphone not on my samsung yet.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I always just stream stuff so I've never had this issue.
    The issue I do have is that I've reached the point where I have to unlike stiff to add new stuff. I suppose it forces me to do some housekeeping though.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    Does anyone else have issues once the phone is connected and playing through the car radio?

That's your phone - I had this issue with my old Moto G, works literally perfectly now I use a Galaxy S6.

Bluetooth streaming puts a lot of load on your phone for some reason, what model are you using?

Clear cache might be worth a go.

Also a massive fan of Spotify.  I love how you can queue up something you are recommended straight away.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Does anyone else have issues once the phone is connected and playing through the car radio?

That's your phone - I had this issue with my old Moto G, works literally perfectly now I use a Galaxy S6.

Bluetooth streaming puts a lot of load on your phone for some reason, what model are you using?

Also a massive fan of Spotify.  I love how you can queue up something you are recommended straight away.
    I'm on a galaxy S7 so I would imagine that this would be able to handle it?

I'll try clearing the cache and see if that helps.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790

I'm on a galaxy S7 so I would imagine that this would be able to handle it?

I'll try clearing the cache and see if that helps.

Yes easily, sounds like a cache problem somewhere.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    I used to run it with Dojotech open so I could rip tracks, but it isn't working anymore - any others??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

You need to be online at least once every 30 days or the files will be deleted - but I don't think that's your problem.

"Premium subscribers must go online with Spotify at least once every 30 days. This is so Spotify can check that your subscription is still active and count track plays to compensate artists.

If you don’t go online with Spotify at least once every 30 days, any tracks you have downloaded for offline listening will be automatically removed from your device."

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    I tend to agree....never been away from Spotify for anything like that....30 mins possibly. :)