Noob questions for the Bigsby brigade

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7875
    axisus said:
    axisus said:
    Has anyone Compared the super squishy spring to the reverend?
    No. Nobody has. Ever.
    I have.  Not much difference.  Both a huge improvement over the original stiff beastie
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7875
    Dammit....Zombie thread. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27004
    ijonty said:
    So I'm thinking of adding a Bigsby to my Telecaster American Deluxe. As a newbie idiot, wondering if there's any risk it will f up my guitar. (I'll get a professional to install it.) And by f'ing up, that's not an invitation for Bibsby haters to say it will by definition ruin it. I'm keen to have a tremolo so general advice needed ta.

Cheers,

Jon
    Teles are the best solidbodies for bigsbification, imo. They absolutely still sound like Teles, and if you use a Vibramate it's completely reversible, save for a possible (*very slight') indentation in the finish on the top
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ijontyijonty Frets: 32
    ijonty said:
    So I'm thinking of adding a Bigsby to my Telecaster American Deluxe. As a newbie idiot, wondering if there's any risk it will f up my guitar. (I'll get a professional to install it.) And by f'ing up, that's not an invitation for Bibsby haters to say it will by definition ruin it. I'm keen to have a tremolo so general advice needed ta.

Cheers,

Jon
    Teles are the best solidbodies for bigsbification, imo. They absolutely still sound like Teles, and if you use a Vibramate it's completely reversible, save for a possible (*very slight') indentation in the finish on the top
    Ok great. So I'm not going to do it myself, but get a shop to do it. Do I need to tell them to buy specific bits of kit to make sure I get the right stuff? Rather than just hand over the guitar and just say 'Bigsby please'?

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3208
    ijonty said:
    ijonty said:

Cheers,

Jon
    Ok great. So I'm not going to do it myself, but get a shop to do it. Do I need to tell them to buy specific bits of kit to make sure I get the right stuff? Rather than just hand over the guitar and just say 'Bigsby please'?
    Definitely buy-in in advance, it’s more cost effective and ensures you get exactly what you want. 
  • shrinkwrapshrinkwrap Frets: 512
    You can also remove the tension bar entirely - worked for me but maybe I don't hit the strings that hard
  • ijontyijonty Frets: 32
    ijonty said:
    ijonty said:

Cheers,

Jon
    Definitely buy-in in advance, it’s more cost effective and ensures you get exactly what you want. 
    Thanks. So what would my shopping list be? Which is the best kit to buy?

Telecaster American Deluxe, Cornell Romany amp, without the talent to use them properly