U2 at Twickenham.

What's Hot
jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
I managed to blag a ticket at the 11th hour. Although Edge had a Vox and a Fender onstage. They just looked like props. 

The sound was was a little bit off in places, but otherwise they were brilliant. Although I did think at times Edge with a Strat sounded a bit brittle sounding. But otherwise is was a masterclass in how to play a stadium. 

Apparently his rig is under the stage and now seems to be about 5 Fractal AXE-FX and a few pedals. I've seen some shots of Fenders and Vox amps miked up too. But I did prefer his tone with the Explorer & Les Paul's tbh. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    We went along too - pretty last minute but managed to get some great seats.  Thought Noel Gallagher was pretty good and the crowd loved the Oasis numbers.

U2 were fantastic, but as you say at times the sound was pretty shrill.  Masters of the art of getting a stadium to rock with you.

Well worth it and really glad we went.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Wonder if they've still got the same sound guy they've always had - one of the thing about U2 that you can't knock, they're loyal to their crew.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I didn't even know U2 played rugby!
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 477
    Went on the Saturday, really enjoyed Noel and U2. I thought both Noel and Bonos voices sounded much better than they have in recent years. I'm with you on the sound though, the missus brought her silicon earplugs along and it seemed to just take the shrill edge (lol) off the high end, you could hear the vocals much more clearly too.

Any highlights? Mine had to be One Tree Hill, but the section from Pride into Streets gave me goosebumps... That screen!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    Loved Bullet the Blue Sky and Streets - the screen on Streets was awesome and completely different for Bullet the Blue Sky.  Having the massive screen is such a simple idea, but really, really well executed.

Highlights also included Vertigo and With or Without You and Pride...actually it was all pretty damn good!
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10412
    I really wanted to go but couldn't afford the tickets. In fairness you could get 2 tickets for £250 ish and when you consider HFB were support it was 2 great bands rather than one
    I saw Bryran Adams on Friday night and as good as it was you just can't touch U2 for working a large outdoor stage. Bryan was only £35 a pop though 
    www.2020studios.co.uk