When you realise your little girl isn't a little girl anymore...

What's Hot
My daughter had to practice singing a song which she's performing at school tomorrow, and she's never sung through a mic before. I set up my mic and amplified her just so she could practice it and get used to hearing her own voice coming back at her. She was great, and before she went to bed I asked her if she wanted to sing anything else just because, while I had everything set up. She chose to sing this (beautifully) and it's made me sad. It's her favorite song and it's made me realise she's not a little girl anymore, and has her own shit to deal with.

We've always connected through music, and her taste is as eclectic as mine, but this is the first time she's ever introduced me to a song that she has a real connection to. She has a number of difficulties, and has been with medical professionals on a regular basis for years. It's tough, but she's battling through it. Just thought I'd share. ❤❤

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    edited July 2017
    Lovely young lady and great voice - really nice tone and control.
     I'm sure you are very proud of her for singing something like this but as a parent it's hard to hear them connect with songs like this as you worry they are sad inside and you can't help. 
    It reminds me of the JCB song actually - but you can hear the emotion in the song for her. Clearly hits home.

I just realised this is the original artist :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Impressive

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Vaiai said:
    Lovely young lady and great voice - really nice tone and control.
     I'm sure you are very proud of her for singing something like this but as a parent it's hard to hear them connect with songs like this as you worry they are sad inside and you can't help. 
    It reminds me of the JCB song actually - but you can hear the emotion in the song for her. Clearly hits home.

I just realised this is the original artist :)
    Yeah I haven't recorded her singing anything yet but she wants me to, next time we go to the studio I'll take her with me and have a crack. She's not quite 12 and hearing the sincerityand feeling in her voice when she sang this really got me. Sounded so grown up and part of the world, rather than just the small person I'm responsible for. I knew she has many sad days, and is very much a tweenager already. I think as a parent you hope you can be there for them, and that they trust you enough to be honest with you. 

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    Good grief - she meant every word of that.  What a fantastic performance, both vocally and on the guitar.  

She's startlingly perceptive - some of that must be quite harrowing to hear as her parent.

Mine (boy, then two girls) are all in their 30's now, and long gone (though still frequently in touch), so all I can say is you must let her know how much you love her, and how much she matters.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I should point out, the video linked is the original, not my daughter. But yes, harrowing to hear. 

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    I should point out, the video linked is the original, not my daughter. But yes, harrowing to hear. 
    Ah, gotcha.  Still, to think your own daughter wanted to learn and perform that...