Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    edited July 2017
    Want .

Actually, not really… I prefer the PH-1R and SD-1, and there is a reason the Spectrum is so rare (and hence now valuable).

Cool thing if you like collecting pedals though.

(Edit: this was posted before I saw the price.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    Although arguably the most revolutionary (Boss don't do reissues, ever), this is also about the dullest Boss product announcement in quite some time.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    £759 at GuitarGuitar...
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    StefB said:
    £759 at GuitarGuitar…
    For that you could probably buy a set of mini-condition boxed originals, including a Spectrum.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    StefB said:
    £759 at GuitarGuitar...
    Dear God!
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9634
    Glad my OD-1 only cost me £22...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    StefB said:
    £759 at GuitarGuitar...
    Really!?! Consider my gob truly smacked. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • It wasn't so long ago that boss claimed that they always wanted to innovate rather than just reissue old pedals. The Waza craft were a good middle ground because they added some new functionality to those classic designs, but this really does strike me as cash grab.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    StefB said:
    £759 at GuitarGuitar...
    That rules me out.  Only 1500 boxes worldwide so might be worth something, still, I wouldn't like to spend that money to take the risk given you could pick these pedals up off eBay for much cheaper.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    I was expecting £300  :/
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Give it 6 months......
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Give it 6 months......
    You're probably right.  I remember Jan Ray released some limited edition Veramum (or whatever the pedal is called) with a volume pedal mod and it was £300 or something and Guitar Guitar didn't seem to be able to shift it.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    StefB said:
    £759 at GuitarGuitar...
    Another reason it's Boss's most revolutionary product announcement- normally you get a lot for your money, but this is ridiculous.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

Marshall had their 50th Anniversary Limited Edition 1W amps up at some stupid price like over £700 initially too. Two years later the shops were finally shifting the last ones for half that… which really shows how to fail with a 'limited edition'.

I can't see these selling either. They certainly aren't an investment, and they won't get bought to be used at that price, so… who would buy them?

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I love a box set just as much as the next man but really?

That's one hell of a cardboard box !
    Am I right in thinking you could actually buy the originals AND have them reconditioned by a tech for less than that?
    Alnico said:

Am I right in thinking you could actually buy the originals AND have them reconditioned by a tech for less than that?
    Yes. Even if they were in mint condition - and only the Spectrum is really worth a huge amount, due to rarity. The OD-1 and PH-1 typically sell for around £150 each, and the last time I saw a Spectrum it was about £350 I think.

I briefly owned one when they were about £200, but quickly sold it on at a small profit since they're worth more to a collector than a player really. I don't miss it.

• If they really had to why didnt they just do these as individual waza pedals?  Or better yet just reissue a DC-2w ;-)
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    ICBM said:
    Alnico said:

Yes. Even if they were in mint condition - and only the Spectrum is really worth a huge amount, due to rarity. The OD-1 and PH-1 typically sell for around £150 each, and the last time I saw a Spectrum it was about £350 I think.

I briefly owned one when they were about £200, but quickly sold it on at a small profit since they're worth more to a collector than a player really. I don't miss it.
    I just watched a demo of the Spectrum, I'd honestly grown up unaware of them.

So that box is about 3 times more expensive than the modern equivalents would be and at least twice as much as it should be for re-issues..........posh box or not.

I agree with the earlier statement, that's very unlike Boss to release something that's a blatant rip-off. They can't control the used market but limited edition or not, that's just stupid FFS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12901
    It's a collector's item, I don't think that the point is to play them. The point is to own it and go "oooh that's a cool thing" and leave them mint in the box. 

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    It's a collector's item, I don't think that the point is to play them. The point is to own it and go "oooh that's a cool thing" and leave them mint in the box. 

So utterly pointless. I'm really not a fan of collecting. I was genuinely shocked by the price. I was expecting around the 250 mark, hand made in Japan, limited run, collectors edition etc. 759 is just bonkers.