Casual Employees.

ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
Just wondering if any 'boarders are well up on employment law. I have worked for a company for the last 10 years on a casual basis where I am offered work days of 8 hours. I don't have to accept the days offered but have been pretty regular in what I have worked, usually between 6 and 14 days per month. I don't really want to say what I actually do but it involves supervising a group of people together with a full time employee. If not enough people to be supervised turn up on a particular day and the full time employee can do the job on his own then my services are not required and I go home just getting 2 hours pay. Is this actually legal nowadays? I don't have a written contract with the company and have never actually seen this 'rule' of just 2 hours pay written down anywhere.      
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sounds about in line with my experience. 

At the hospital, if I turned up and wasn't needed, and if they couldn't locate me work anywhere else, I'd get two hours too. I was zero hours. 

But the trick was I had to actually ask for it and get it signed for - I didn't actually know. Luckily, it only happened a few times so it hasn't cost a lot. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom