Partcasters - Your experiences

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    Veganic said:
     Does Fender have a standard pocket? How closely do other manufacturers follow Fender pockets?

I always thought it was weird that guitars and necks are not sold seperately as standard.
    Well, my 1972 Fender Telecaster has worn three necks that I am aware of - when I broke the original neck, I initially fitted a Tokai neck. That bolted straight on, with all four bolt holes lining up perfectly. I didn't get on with it, so slotted on a brand new Allparts.

I've swapped the necks about on MANY Fender and Fender style guitars over the years - in 99% of cases, if you are fitting a quality part to a quality part, the screw holes line up. I've even fitted genuine USA necks to Guitarbuild bodies and its all lined up perfectly.

So my experience is that its not tricky.

Guitar Necks and Bodies have been available separately (not by Fender) for many years - Boogie Bodies (Warmoth), Mighty Mite, Schecter, Double Eagle all sold high quality parts in the 1980s. Some of these parts made their way onto very famous guitars (Eddie Van Halen's "Frankie" being the obvious). Its only Fender that have dragged their heels about it for a long time...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom