Thorpy Muffroom Cloud

What's Hot
builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
Farking Hell! Spent about an hour with it last night through my Princeton. Tried it with amp set at both low and high vol... I absolutely love the EQ side of things and I am also able to get lovely thick lead tone I'm happy with. The bass control adds an unbelievable amount of beef I've not heard from another pedal... I really cant wait to stack with my other boosts and drives. Has anyone stacked a SHO or RYRA into one with good results?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5168
    edited July 2017
    I absolutely love mine..I prefer a treble booster after it..I'm currently using the Treble Boost from the Thorpyfx Veteran. What I love is the way it responds to volume roll off on the guitar. It doesn't just shut off but is really usable within the entire sweep of the guitar's volume pot.
    Its got everything from sustaining Gary Moore to QOTSA. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I think I will be purchasing one of these - is it fussy where it goes on your boards?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17619
    tFB Trader
    I've got a Warthog and a Peacekeeper and I think the Fallout will be on my list next.

Awesome thing.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3075
    I keep incurring household expenses that stymie my acquisition of one.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• mark99mark99 Frets: 8
    See, now you're making me regret selling it...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    tone1 said:
    I absolutely love mine..I prefer a treble booster after it..I'm currently using the Treble Boost from the Thorpyfx Veteran. What I love is the way it responds to volume roll off on the guitar. It doesn't just shut off but is really usable within the entire sweep of the guitar's volume pot.
    Its got everything from sustaining Gary Moore to QOTSA. 
    I couldn't agree more @tone1 I spent 3-4 hours this afternoon with my veteran and with my new guitar it has highlighted so many endearing features that I'll definitely utilise at my next gig :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    Report back on the Thorpy Muff Cloud from a rehearsal last night night... frigging awesome!! This loves to be stacked into other overdrives... into my Zvex Double Rock I'm getting those thick creamy cutting lead tones very similar to QOTSA (as the OP describes) in fact it works amazingly well with the DR... I've got the Muff Cloud after a RYRA so may swap this round at some point to see if it changes the feel of pedal... I'm only really using the RYRA as a clean boost with gain all the way down 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mark99 said:
    See, now you're making me regret selling it...
    Thanks @mark99 it's a lovely pedal!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    rico said:
    I think I will be purchasing one of these - is it fussy where it goes on your boards?

In terms of placement I don't think it is fussy... although I've yet to try it anywhere else... I've got mine placed straight after my wah and TU-3 and between the RYRA/set for clean boost and Double Rock... on it's own it sounds huge and most importantly for me it loves to be stacked.
    I played it through a Roland JC-40 during a rehearsal jam and it still sounded good!
    RYRA lols
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom