SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

For Sale: 1994 Patrick Eggle Berlin Stage & original Hiscox Case £525

What's Hot

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2085
    edited July 2017
    I don't get all this.....the Op advertised in good faith with the manufacturers info.

but either way, surely a quick email to Eggle guitars from seller or potential buyer would sort it out and both parties are happy ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 837
    Apologies to @SimpleSimon if my input has been unhelpful - that was not my intention, in fact my initial comments were really to flag up a few positive upgrades over the standard spec of this model (better pickups, bridge and and tuners).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited July 2017
    No worries @RevMatt, ive pulled it as was always tentative and was hoping it would go quickly before i had chance to change my mind.

No worries @RevMatt, ive pulled it as was always tentative and was hoping it would go quickly before i had chance to change my mind.
    Good thinking :-)  

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2085
    Dude if you lived closer it would probably be gone now

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    FWIW it looks like ebony to me; the lighter parts of the grain are too dark for it to be rosewood. Besides, not that Eggle is infallible, but I can't imagine they'd make such an error.
    beed84 said:
     not that Eggle is infallible, but I can't imagine they'd make such an error.
    Unfortunately, there are quite a few cases out there where there are inconsistencies between Eggle's paperwork and the guitars that the paperwork belongs to, so it's not unusual to find discrepancies. 

However, in the case of the Berlin Stage, it has always had Rosewood as standard spec - this is one of the distinctions between this model and the Standard / Plus / Pro. The 1994/5 catalogue (which is correct for the example in this thread) specifies the fingerboard as rosewood, and that seems consistent with the pictures that SimpleSimon included. I know some manufacturers use a lighter coloured ebony (Taylor being one), but the ebony used on Eggles is (on all the ones I've owned) very black with a very tight grain.
    This thread just wont die! Initially i thought it looked like rosewood when i got it but looking closer its definately smoother and tighter grained than rosewood, much darker in natural light ( the pics were taken at night under a light so looks much lighter than in person)and muck darker along the side edge of the board. Im not convinced either way though it does have quite a snappy sound to it. As RevMatt states ebony doesnt have to be black, wood afterall is a natural product.

Back up for sale, to avoid any confusion the fretboard is described as ebony by the Eggle paperwork, however the consensus here is that it appears to be rosewood. Either way its a cracking instrument.

Come on guys, £550notes for a quality bit of kit with a proper case to rival any PRS Standard for less than SE money........

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited July 2017
    Come on guys, £550notes for a quality bit of kit with a proper case to rival any PRS Standard for less than SE money........
    Seems too cheap @SimpleSimon considering these guitars go for £3000 plus new I believe ?

GLWTS
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017
    Seems too cheap @SimpleSimon considering these guitars go for £3000 plus new I believe ?

GLWTS

Thanks Fella, not kept a breast of the new (old company) 'Eggle' range, but  PJE's newer range sure are up there with the best in terms of price and quality. Would love an old wood Macon with a trapeze tailpiece and HB/P90 combo one day..........

Yep, I just spotted that Patrick is doing a singlecut Macon which really took my fancy until I saw the price - gorgeous! Pricing of old Eggles is not straight forward and expectations can be unrealistic due to the prices of some offered on eBay by bobabbott - but these rarely sell. 90s Berlins will fetch from £400 upwards depending on model, spec, condition etc...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • moz91moz91 Frets: 38
    PMd 
    Still available, would prefer a straight sale

Now £525

Bump

• 19791979 Frets: 87
    Pm'd
    Last Bump

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4725
    Looks nice. Re Coil tapping...is this push-pull (on vol or tone pot?) with 3 additional tones using the 3 way toggle (but otherwise conventional tone and volume controls)?

And how is the fret wear and action? Is action low with no fret buzz and no choking? 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)