Learn me about the Helix

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    edited July 2017
    Clarky said:
    Sporky said:
    Though as you (if I remember correctly) use more than one expression pedal, have one (or more) be Source Audio Reflex(es) and you can set a non-linear sweep on that.
    the reason for having control over either the mid point, or the curve itself, is that when using an XP to clean 2 different amp models, they generally do not clean up at the same rate
    so… when running 2 riding amps, when you get the XP at the mid point of its throw, you'd want both amps to be roughly the same level and with roughly the same amount of gain..
    In the Axe-II I shape each amp's gain control curve a little differently to achieve this..

This is a part of why I use 1 amp at a time lol. But I do the same thing and adjust the curve mid and min settings so the sweep is usable. In my case as I drop the volume (my VP is first in line) it adds delay, so I can morph between dry high gain and wet low-mid gain... getting the transition smooth to my tastes needed playing with the graphs. But tbh it's probably something that would still be ok if you could only set min/max for live playing 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I reckon I need to try a Helix…
    lugging 80kg of kit through airports is… erm…
    less than fun..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28268
    Vaiai said:
    I plugged in a 2nd Exp pedal the other night at rehearsal and it went from 0-100 at middle pos then as I went forward it went back down? Never had time to look at it properly
    Use a TS cable instead of a TRS.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    Just to clarify when I said max and min, I meant you can specify any value for the upper and lower travel positions - so amp 1 gain could be coming down from 9.9 to 5.0 and amp 2 gain could be coming down from 7.8 to 6.1 for the same pedal travel. While the bias changes on amp 2. and the presence on amp 1. etc etc. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    edited July 2017
    "Teach me about the Helix"

Now, write it out 100 times ;-)

https://youtu.be/IIAdHEwiAy8
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    TimmyO said:
    Just to clarify when I said max and min, I meant you can specify any value for the upper and lower travel positions - so amp 1 gain could be coming down from 9.9 to 5.0 and amp 2 gain could be coming down from 7.8 to 6.1 for the same pedal travel. While the bias changes on amp 2. and the presence on amp 1. etc etc. 
    yes.. as I thought.. in that respect exactly the same as the 2120..
    the VG-99 gives you min / mid / max [which made a huge difference]
    the Axe-FX gives you min / mid / max / start / end / slope / scale / offset [so you can make screwy curves [really powerful]
    play every note as if it were your first