18v Deja Vibe power problems

bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1379
I just got an MDV1 as a gift and I'm really excited to use it. Problem is, it seems to be the fussiest pedal ever in terms of what power supply it's happy with.

Granted, I haven't invested in an expensive touring-grade power supply like a lot of people do, I only have a Power Plant jr and a cheap eBay adapter that claims to work with the MDV1.

The PPjr with the voltage doubler cable resulted in no vibe effect when it switched on. I could control the volume of the "effected" signal with the volume on the pedal but that was it. No light, no swooshy vibe sound.

The 18v adapter "for fulltone pedals" off eBay give me a working LED, a swirly vibe sound, AND an extremely annoying high-pitched whistle, a tone that oscillated with the speed of the vibe effect. Great.  :'(

I'm not buying Fulltone's own international 18v power supply because that will take forever to turn up and cost too much. There must be something else that will work.

I'm thinking of taking the pedal into one of the big retailers this afternoon and trying out different adapter options. Would this Dunlop adapter work? Has anyone solved this problem and knows exactly what I should do?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1379
    I went down to GuitarGuitar to try out the adapter, works perfectly. So for anyone else who wants to run a Deja Vibe without either the Fulltone adapter or an expensive power block, get yourself the 18v Dunlop ECB004UK AC adapter. This is probably only relevant to people buying secondhand because I think they ship the current CS-MDV1 with a power supply (although that might still only be in the US).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom