Matt Schofield on That Pedal Show

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    edited July 2017
    dazzajl said:
    He is absolutely lovely and an utterly mesmerising player to see live. His sound is also always fabulous but I'm not sure I can muster enough interest in pedals to sit through the video. 
    For an episode of That Pedal Show there isn't really all that much about pedals in this episode ( or any of them once you take out the jokes and horn honking). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    edited July 2017
    I've avoided TPS for a while as the clowning and gurning was always annoying ... BUT, I really enjoyed that!  I didn't think the fawning was too much, if anything I found it a bit tongue in cheek. Everyone seemed natural and relaxed.

It was great actually listening to a fantastics player (and I'm not a blues-rock fan by any stretch) talk about his approach and I thought Mick and Dan provided the perfect platform for that. This was the show at its best imho.
  • jamesjames Frets: 50
    edited July 2017
    dazzajl said:
    He is absolutely lovely and an utterly mesmerising player to see live. His sound is also always fabulous but I'm not sure I can muster enough interest in pedals to sit through the video. 
    I started with the same thoughts, but there could have been anything on his board, it was all much more about the resultant sound and it's impact. 
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3044
    I thought this was one of the more useful and interesting shows, being that it didn't focus on pedals but rather took a more holistic approach. I'd watch more shows like this.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    lonestar said:
    Matt seems like a lovely guy and happy to talk gear.. that always helps. Personally, I didn't hear too much different about his sound compared to other plays with less recognition. But, being a nice guy and willing to chat about life, equipment and tone makes him sound in my book.

I used to LOVE TPS but I've started to avoid these episodes if I'm honest. Having said that, it's easier to watch this than the likes of Anderton/Chapman. 
    Anderton's YT videos are pretty good now IMO.  I've even subscribed to their channel. 

TPS isn't so good.  I hate the feigned laughter of Dan and your man there.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    I had to post this after the chat about Matt's tone on the TPS vid - I'm not one for blues these days - too much sounds the same and not many players can get me interested but this vid came along and my god does Matt own it - the tone, the dynamics, the musical ideas. The guitar tone is so pure - wire and wood! 

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2386
    Great player, and to me not really like Ford at all. I always buy his cd's but his vocals can at time grate on me. If he could sing like he played then he'd be playing theatres and not half full pubs/clubs. Would love to see him play along side a really great soulful female singer.