Lick Library.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 248
    Hey @Alnico thanks for the info! I hadn't got as far as subscribing due to a definate lack of funds. Its a shame as it sounded really good. 

Thanks for the heads up mate
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Wotcher @Alnico.

I feel sorry for Sam Bell. I'm sure you were not aware, but not all that long ago, he removed all his many videos from YouTube in what appeared to be a time of crisis. He's reinstated a few, and is now back to uploading again, but he clearly is not simply able to cheer up.

Fortunately, he's still not averse to putting himself into difficult situations and fighting through admirably:

I'm surprised Dale Killhamster comes across badly on video, I always thought he was chilled and fun on GT CDs. 

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited July 2017
    I wasn't aware of Sams situation.
    Now I am it makes me feel a bit sorry for him but I was just calling it how I saw it when I posted my rant and it was far more about the impression a new customer gets than anything else.

Dave is pretty good but again I've not really seen him get as I to things as the others seem to, Paul Gilbert being probably the best for that.
    I didn't post to shoot people down, except maybe those that call the shots at Lick Library and insist on that shoddy website and the comments about a couple of characters weren't meant with any spite.

I've tried again to get my head around using that site and although I can see how I just don't see why it has to be like that in 2017.
    It's very much a 1st world problem and I'm sure I can get over it.

Like any rant it doesn't look so good a day or two later and I was in a terrible frame of mind when I posted. .......QED. 

Hope you're well man. 
    Not heard from you in ages.
    I'll PM you sometime soon.
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 293
    I agree with @alnico and @missmisstreater that the website is poor. It's badly designed and, following it's previous makeover, I didn't think it had been particularly well tested. It's a real shame as their DVD's are good, cover a wide range of topics, and they have good tutors. If the shortcomings have been pointed out to the management and they've chosen to ignore it, it feels like a missed opportunity and the business will suffer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    CarpeDiem said:
    I agree with @alnico and @missmisstreater that the website is poor. It's badly designed and, following it's previous makeover, I didn't think it had been particularly well tested. It's a real shame as their DVD's are good, cover a wide range of topics, and they have good tutors. If the shortcomings have been pointed out to the management and they've chosen to ignore it, it feels like a missed opportunity and the business will suffer.
    I've been chatting with Levi and we both agree on all these points.
    You can't have a rant without looking daft and I know that day I did look a bit stupid for saying it all that way but I've left it there to show what a bad 1st experience can make someone feel like.

I'm going to stick with it and see how much good I can make from it because the actual lessons and DVD's are excellent.
    How long I keep paying £25 a month for remains to be seen but for the sake of the knowledge and practice, I'll pay it for now.

One thing that must be said is that the sheer quality and amount of the backing tracks is stunning.
    I've tried getting 'Free' backing tracks before and they're utter shite but these on Lick Library are the best I've ever heard and SUCH a bonus that I can download and keep them.
    I'm looking at this as some of the value for money that I AM getting and it genuinely is.
    There are 500 tracks in total I think and each one downloads in a couple of minutes.
    I could easily download all 500 in one month.
    In my eyes, that's worth £25 (Probably more in the outside world) on its own.

Credit where it's due, well done on that score and seriously well played to the musicians who recorded them.

@Alnico It's cool, man. I've a nasty cold, but I'm not whingeing. I'm still about, but getting less playing in than I'd like as life gets in the way.

Here, if you're into Andy James, check this out: It's long, but it had me in stitches a couple of times.

I've only got one Lick Library DVD, and I wasn't that impressed by it.

DLM said:

@Alnico It's cool, man. I've a nasty cold, but I'm not whingeing. I'm still about, but getting less playing in than I'd like as life gets in the way.

Here, if you're into Andy James, check this out: It's long, but it had me in stitches a couple of times.

Yes I am !

Thanks I'll watch that later.

Life getting in my way is a constant battle but one I always intend to win.
    Feel better soon.

Must catch up properly soon Dominic, take it easy.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7807
    Truefire is so much better. Leagues better. The "live" Jam along stuff, is superb, the app is great, the website is easy. They spam you inbox a lot, but often they have huge sales, with courses for 5$

The downside is that they don't have someone doing the andy james thing if that's your bag.

I'm on year two now and it's been a great investment,
    Truefire is so much better. Leagues better. The "live" Jam along stuff, is superb, the app is great, the website is easy. They spam you inbox a lot, but often they have huge sales, with courses for 5$

The downside is that they don't have someone doing the andy james thing if that's your bag.

I'm on year two now and it's been a great investment,
    Thanks that's good to know.

I think I will end up there but there is an element of Lick Library that I do like so I want to take that to its conclusion first.

TF does look good.
    I'll update this thread as I get success in whichever way it happens.

Alnico said:
    DLM said:

Yes I am !

Thanks I'll watch that later.

Oh, it's not really a video, just a podcast; I posted the YouTube version for convenience only.

The URM guys are Americans, and Andy is *very* British, a contrast which always amuses me.