Mixers for IEMs

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    @Danny1969 - awesome! I'm just heading out for the evening but will do some Googling later and will get back to you... 
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Tons of good advice in here! A couple of the mixing desk recommendations definitely won't do what you asked though - a Presonus 16:4:2 won't give you five stereo aux outs, and a Yamaha 01v will only give you four mono. You won't get a desk with five stereo aux outs for £350, basically!

If you can live with mono, you could use an 01v, rack mount it, get a 1u 8ch mic splitter and a 1u multi-channel headphone amp underneath it, and use the four mono aux outs and the main stereo out to give you five individual mixes, with recall of all your parameters except head amp gain in a fairly compact box. You could probably get close to doing that on your budget too.
  • dealmakerdealmaker Frets: 18
    We use an X32 rack and a splitter box - one set of XLR's goes out to FOH - and our feed goes via the X32 - so we can mix it how we like - and each member can have their own mix. Works superbly - but wasn't cheap - probably £1500 all in - plus each member needs their own IEM's . I think this is a case of getting what you pay for.....
  • smigeonsmigeon Frets: 283
    @Danny1969 - any word yet on when your Dr Watson device, discussed in this thread, will be available to buy? An estimate would be welcome if you can't say a precise date yet. Thanks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24343
    I bought IEMs just before the last band split, four years ago and never got to use them!  My plan is to use them in the new band I've just joined.  I bought a little Xenix 802 mixer to have by my side and a load of cables of different types.  I did have a plan for connecting it all up but I'll be buggered if I can remember off the top of my head!  I think it was something like mic to XLR splitter, one to the main mixer, one to mine.  Line out from my ME50 to my mixer and a feed from an aux send on the main mixer over to mine to give me the PA mix.  I think I may have also had plans for an ambient mic in there too.

I've never tried it and it will be my first venture into IEMs, but you gotta start somewhere.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10415
    smigeon said:
    @Danny1969 - any word yet on when your Dr Watson device, discussed in this thread, will be available to buy? An estimate would be welcome if you can't say a precise date yet. Thanks.
    Yes sorry the last month has been mental as it's festival season and I'm doing 4 gigs a week and 2 or 3 rehearsals. At the end of August things calm down and I can get on with it. 
    The all metal hand made version will be available almost straight away then but the manufactured version is in the hands of another company so I'm not sure there .... 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    Thanks @Danny1969 - I'd be happy to go with the hand-made version assuming the spec is the same as we've been discussing. I'll leave you in peace until September, then :-).

In the meantime, could you PM me an email address? Thanks.
    Hi again @Danny1969 - wondered if things had quieted down and you were you in a position to produce one of these yet??
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10415
    Hi
    I'm in Weymouth at the mo having a few days holiday but when I get back I'm gonna get straight on it with a view to producing a few hand made units in Sep and then the final circuit design is going to a manufacturer in Southampton .....
    www.2020studios.co.uk