Doing the ironing......

What's Hot
siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
Oh the irony of doing the ironing.....

So, someone I know actually irons everything. I mean socks underwear ..bedding and towels. Can someone tell me this isnt the norm??? Thats OTT.. ..I iron shirts, t shirts, jeans,shirts,combats, ie what visible is external and creased. I even have 2 shirts I can get away with straight out of the dryer....so they only get ironed on rare occasions. Methinks my standard is teh norm righty? You....smalls n bedding n towels???
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16307
    I know this is very mumsnet but as I do the ironing in chez Weary ... mostly shirts, often t shirts are good enough out of the tumble drier/ line. When I was a kid I used to practice ironing ( what a rebel...) by ironing handkerchiefs, can't imagine doing that now but it was quite satisfying at the time. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

I iron nothing.

@thomasross20, on the other hand...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4209
    I know a few people who iron everything, I on the other hand only iron clothes (where necessary). That said, it's nice to get into a freshly made bed with uncreased sheets, so I don't mind that my GF irons ours!
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1226
    My Dad was taught how to iron clothes in the RAF and he used to iron everything! He taught me how to iron a shirt to RAF standards and so, whilst I don't do socks etc, it still takes me ages.
    Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1785
    I do the ironing in my house. Mainly it's my work shirt and trousers and a few of wife's shirts. Don't bother with most T-shirts, or jeans, and definitely not underwear.

Ironing towels seems like a dumb idea, wouldn't it make it a bit stiff and remove some of the fluffiness you get from tumble drying?

Ironed bedding is really nice to sleep in, but I can't be bothered to do that as a king size duvet cover is massive compared to our ironing board!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2354
    tFB Trader
    I iron everything including underwear  duvet covers sheets towels but not socks. I do not iron curtains, out the machine and re-hang them.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 784

----    -----

This reply has been left blank to protect my masculinity!

• hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    Being a fine figure of a slob I cant remember the last time I ironed any of my clothes! I don't own a shirt, only T-shirts & they're fine straight off the line as are jeans & jogging pants. :)
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3597
    Herself get some satisfaction from ironing whilst watching drivel on tv, so she does the lions share (including T shirts). I iron collerd shirts and the like but not underwear or towels. A yes to crisp bedding though, I bought egyption cotton sheets because I like it so why not iron them too.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    I do my own washing and ironing and she who must be obeyed does hers ... I don't see why my wife, who works, should do my ironing. I'm pretty much with the OP .. shirts, t-shirts, jeans. We have a big airing cupboard so there's no need to iron towels or sheets.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    I like ironing.

We iron everything except undies & socks.

There is a therapeutic pleasure to be had in ironing shirts. There is a way.........

Iron inside out too, so you don't get shiny marks
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I iron my own shit then it's done properly
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6886
    I iron the normal shit. T shirts and jeans. Thats all I wear pretty much. In the winter a hoodie is added to the ironing list. 

Couldnt go out in public in creased clothes.. would feel like a bellend. 

Completely pointless ironing boxers,  socks and bedding though. Wash em, tumble dry em and done in a couple hours. 

Not only are they never seen, they are instantly creased and sweat laden from the get go anyway. I can't think of a better way to waste time and energy than ironing that lot. 

Anyway I'm off to iron my shoes... 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I listen to punk albums when I iron my shirts for work.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1785
    I listen to punk albums when I iron my shirts for work.
    Nice. Stick it to the man, dude.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    I iron anything that looks creased, anything that can be gotten away without ironing is left, hateful job!
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    I get board ironing 
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935

I get ironing board....even.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    What's an iron?

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16307
    What's an iron?
    Bit like a toaster for clothes. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom