Kemper & Atomic Amplifire vs. 20 Year-Old Line 6 Pod - Has Amp Modelling Evolved?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    So the 'floor pod' pedals should give similar results to the pod2 bean...is that right?
    Yes. The bigger one - the Floor Plus I think, also had more effects and features than the bean although the amp models were the same.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have used pod farm from a laptop into an effects loop before (both solid state and valve) and found it to be really quite decent. Did some ace old school metal, the ac30 model sounded bugger all like an ac30 but did sound good, and it could get that Beatles "birthday" tone. 

So quite useful. 
  • gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895
    Fretwired said:
    So the 'floor pod' pedals should give similar results to the pod2 bean...is that right?
    Yes. The bigger one - the Floor Plus I think, also had more effects and features than the bean although the amp models were the same.
    I'm tempted to pick one up if I can get one for not much money. I have a HD500X but it is a struggle to find the tones. I basically use one patch, which took me ages to get to a point where it sounds decent. I don't do anything particularly complicated, so having something that is much easier to dial in would be good...
    This is it ....

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1266
    An interesting 'response' vid to the Anderton's one from Down Under - Pod XT this time and introducing drive pedals in front and modern IR cab sims (Two Notes) after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7SS9434fJg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    An interesting 'response' vid to the Anderton's one from Down Under - Pod XT this time and introducing drive pedals in front and modern IR cab sims (Two Notes) after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7SS9434fJg

That was interesting .. good tone with the Torpedo ...