Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD Yamaha Pacifica 611

What's Hot
Recently picked up this lovely pacifica 611. Been after one for a while but couldn't find any local and kept buying other stuff instead that caught my eye! I really wanted to try it out 1st as had no idea if it would be my cup of tea, so took a punt on ebay and this arrived the other day

http://m.flickr.com/photos/102366008@N08/12567745725/lightbox/
http://m.flickr.com/photos/102366008@N08/12567848973/lightbox/
http://m.flickr.com/photos/102366008@N08/12568193604/lightbox/
http://m.flickr.com/photos/102366008@N08/12567721695/lightbox/

I suppose it's still the honeymoon period but I'm loving it, really good quality and finish, easy to play. only thing I did was change strings to .10s as it came with .9s which are a bit rubber bandy for me, it's setup great and looks to be pretty much mint and barely played so it's a result! I'm limiting myself to 1 electric so this is perfect for me with the p90 and split bridge humbucker, can coax so many sounds out of it, especially with the thr10- looks like Iv gone all yamaha-ry!
Nice glossy neck, slightly less thickness and a bit narrower than the strat Iv got up for sale which is a shame, if I could magically blend the 2 together it would be the perfect neck for me, but I like the mj frets and flat radius. Also holds tune perfectly with the locking tuners and graphtech saddles and nut. Love it! Definitely recommend it if you've been thinking about picking one up All I need to do now is stop looking at guitars on the forum and then I can keep it forever :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munkymunky Frets: 9
    edited February 2014
    I have one of these and I absolutely love it too.  Like you say, holds tune for ever, very versatile set of sounds with the stock pickups (I always tend to stick to the P90 myself for bluesy tones) and a bargain too.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice! Like the amber burst, I must admit the black finish was probably my last choice but it looks good with the tort guard. Plays great though and that's what counts
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1319
    edited February 2014
    611 is a lovely guitar. I was going to buy a 311 and when I tried it I liked it a lot, but then when I tried the 611 back to back with it I couldn't bring myself to buy the 311. Nor could I afford the 611 at the time, so I bought neither, then my taste changed and i looked for something else. Differences are allegedly not that big but whilst the 311 is good, the 611 is worth every penny over it and more. I want one again now.
  • Niiiice, I really like these.  They sound great and play brilliant.

• gilbygilby Frets: 176
    I really wanted one of these when the first came out, I think they are a fantastic guitar. Just can't get on with the skinny neck.
    (If only there was some one doing "sausage finger" versions ;) )
    I'm a bit of a yamaha fan to be honest, both my guitars are Yammies and they fantastic for the money.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Really nice I just wish the necks were fatter.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2373
    edited February 2014
    ^ Or wider. I haven't tried them but they sounded very narrow to me, and while I'm not as picky as I used to be, I still prefer 43mm given the choice. I think I heard these were 40mm, which is crazy narrow (at least for me). Aside from that they look great, though (and any pacificas I have tried have been pretty nice and I doubt this one is any different).

Nice score jimboflojo
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Very nice!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• That's a shame you couldn't get on with the neck, I'd prefer it a bit wider but it's not so skinny that it would cramp my hand up like I found the cv necks did. A bigger neck would be great tho
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9753
    edited February 2014
    Nice GAS - I've got the 311H (couldn't afford the 611 at the time) and am well pleased. Your 611 looks a great guitar and the torty looks terrific against the black. Enjoy.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17689
    tFB Trader
    Good GAS. 

I love the 611
    I've seen the Pacifica 510V (same neck, body) which has a wilkinson trem and a Duncan P Rails instead of the P90 and S5 floating about new at a few shops for £250 recently. That's a hell of a lot of guitar for the money (albeit not as versatile)
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9753
    edited February 2014
    The 510V looks a great guitar. I'd have bought one if there was a hardtail version. Didn't they used to be up around the £450 mark? If so then £250 is a bargain. As I remember, apart from the Wilkinson hardware, they also have Graphtech nut, and Grover locking tuners.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    Looks like there's a new 502V model coming soon with 2 x P90's and a trem.

• I think the neck on the 510V was wider than those on the 611 and 311. I tried a 510V and the neck felt really nice to me and certainly didn't feel narrow at all. I like the look of that 502V. Could be a goodun.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3347
    Nice! Ive always thought these where fantastic guitars,id like to get myself one when funds allow, even the basic pacifica is a great guitar i dont know how yamaha do it?
    Don't think the neck is much different, but don't quote me on that as it may be - as @HAL9000 said, graphtech nut, locking machine heads etc is incredible for £250!  The frets are nicest finished I've ever felt short of spending £1k+ on a guitar.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2373
    tomstacey said:
    I've seen the Pacifica 510V (same neck, body) which has a wilkinson trem and a Duncan P Rails instead of the P90 and S5 floating about new at a few shops for £250 recently. That's a hell of a lot of guitar for the money (albeit not as versatile)
    That is a pretty sweet price

I really dunno why they didn't do a two P-rails version- considering half the point of having P-Rails is the versatility, only having the bridge pickup seems a bit silly. Had they done a two pickup version I'd have seriously considered one.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3927
    My son wants his first guitar and one of these is shortlisted. I love em.
  • I love the California custom shop vibe of these. I thought root beer was my favourite finish but the black and tortoise shell tops it. Nice score