SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Any Electric Jazz Guitarists Here?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• @JDE ; Thank you so much.  Made a start on the big one today, very interesting and a trigger for much pleasurable research, I think.

Thank you also for the other bits, which will also be very handy ;)

Have a wow from me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    edited February 2014
    @JDE - Jazz goodies arrived today - a very generous & much appreciated gesture - thanks again & have another wow!
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• Thanks for the thread - I watched Kenny Burrell then spent hours last night checking out the old jazz greats! Lenny Breau, Grant Green, Jim Hall (my favourite!) and Joe Pass - a jazz education in a few hours. Having listened to rock my whole life, I feel I may have discovered another way to play guitar, haha

Thanks JDE - brilliant (or maybe 'formidable'??).

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    @robwright - Jim Hall is probably my personal fave, too. I saw him in London for the Southbank Jazz Fest in 2012. So sad he's passed away. He remains a huge inspiration. His books showed me as much about having a good attitude as playing the tunes.

Glad the packages all arrived ok - thanks for helping me create some space! It's lovely to see so many jazz fans here, shame I couldn't send something to all of you. Maybe in the future!
  • Didn't realise he had passed away. A great loss.

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Yeah, just at the tail end of last year. He had been poorly for a number of years and had very serious issues with his back. Always appeared very optimistic, though. He even commented at the London gig how he would look forward to coming back without his walking stick (which he had decorated with lights, btw). There is a docu DVD made around the time of his (I think) By Arrangment record that does a kind of chronological story of his life which is very enjoyable if you ever get the chance to see it - it was on YouTube at one point, not sure if it's been pulled for copyright, though. Seemed a real gentleman.