I have reached the "I honestly don't care" age

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    hotpot said:
    I must have reached that age too, I clothes shop at Matalan.
    Me too, although I have so far managed to avoid socks and sandals...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581

Have also found that no matter how comfortable a car I go for I end up feeling just about the same at the end of a long drive. Maybe I'm just weird (or used to it)
    You should try a long journey in my ZR. I guarantee you'll have a new feeling - deafness.
    You need to stop doing donuts in the Morrisons car park ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Have also found that no matter how comfortable a car I go for I end up feeling just about the same at the end of a long drive. Maybe I'm just weird (or used to it)
    You should try a long journey in my ZR. I guarantee you'll have a new feeling - deafness.

Don't be so silly, he wouldn't do donuts in Morrisons car park.

It's Tesco's car park.........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27105
    I massively want an MX5. The RF looks great but I've heard it's noisy with the roof down. 

Ive been driving a Megane Cup 265 in Australia the last couple of days. It is nominally a "girls car" but has fuckloads of poke, which is great, but it's already getting to the point of being unusable. The whole point of an MX-5 is to give you just enough power to have fun without getting killed or banned. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    My son used to have an MX5. Great fun to drive, up to about 60 mph. At this point the acceleration started to fade, and the road noise got very loud. I prefer cars which keep accelerating with no appreciable road noise.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920

Morrisons... Donuts... Mmmmm...

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Noisy? Pffffft.

You should have tried my Cobra with straight through sidepipes. In reasonably narrow streets, I could drive past and set all the car alarms off on each side of road! 

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Noisy? Pffffft.

You should have tried my Cobra with straight through sidepipes. In reasonably narrow streets, I could drive past and set all the car alarms off on each side of road! 
    I have also reached that age where I like a bit of peace and quiet from time to time too ;)
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Me too. Except my Lotus has a boy-racer/chav exhaust that resonates so much at idle that it blurs vision and turns brains to mush. I have to get another one before the divorce papers arrive.

• TavernorTavernor Frets: 85
    LoopBridgehouse said:
    Tavernor said:
    HiBridgehouse said:
    Tavernor said:
    fred11 said:
    Great cars, would be high on my list if I wasn't 6'5"...
    Yes, I can imagine it would be crap for your height. I'm 5'10 and wouldn't want to be much taller and have to drive it - just about right for my height
    It is literally impossible to be too tall for an mx5.
    Unless it's raining?
    Pansy ;)

If that childish comeback appears three times it's as it would appear there are concerns I'm spamming..? Attempt no.3 (this one) is as the help section is a bit ambiguous as to whether once I'm verified as not being part of the matrix my original posts will actually show.
    I reckon you are part of the matrix.. I saw a glitch as your eye twitched then...
    Joking aside, I'm 6'3 and have a mate who's 6'5 that fitted in just fine. The lack of rear seats mean that despite being small there is ample leg room which helps. You may or might not fit but sitting in one if you haven't might surprise you.
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    nice sports cars...for men who want to feel the wind on their vaginas.
    i drive a 17 yr old skoda and really dont give a fuck
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    @Bridgehouse

you are right, who gives a shit what anyone thinks about your car? I don't. I drive what I like and enjoy it. Hence the reason I've got (according to some) a pug ugly oversized tossers car. So what?

The Fiat 124 is supposed to be good, might be worth a look, mdoern Fiats are apparently v good too.

I like the MX5 too, must be good given the fact it gets great reviews all the time and everywhere.

What about a z4? Good deals to be had 2nd hand, and good on long journeys. I quite fancy one of those tbh
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28381
    Snap said:

The Fiat 124 is supposed to be good, might be worth a look, mdoern Fiats are apparently v good too.

I think it looks a lot nicer than the MX5. There's a teeny hint of TVR Chimera to the front. Only a hint mind.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.