Ready Player One Trailer - Steven Spielberg

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2613
in Off Topic tFB Trader

Whoaaa.. I had heard about them developing this but didn't fully understand...

But that looks totally bonkers.. In a good way  :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    Do you think there will be much CGI?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2613
    edited July 2017 tFB Trader
    Do you think there will be much CGI?

What gives you that idea??   Im sure all the giant robots and flying time machines will all be real

:P

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 898
    Loved the book and am pissing myself with excitement to see this.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Never heard of the book and the only things in the trailer that caught my attention was that The Iron Giant and Steven Spielberg was involved
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    It's not how I imagined it when I read the novel tbh. Not sure I want to see it.

Wonder Snow Crash or Vurt were never brought to the big screen? Ready Player One was fun but pretty derivative 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26757
    Iron Giant, Tron, Back to the Future...those are the ones I noticed on the first run through.

Yes please. Very much.
    <space for hire>
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4610
    edited July 2017
      @mellowsun said:
    It's not how I imagined it when I read the novel tbh. Not sure I want to see it.

Wonder Snow Crash or Vurt were never brought to the big screen? Ready Player One was fun but pretty derivative 
    Loved Snow Crash. Cracking read.
    Derivative in the sense that it is based in a virtual world.  However, if you are a certain age, probably 45 plus, and grew up playing computer games there are a huge number of references in the book to pick up on.  Many film and music references as well. One in particular, I was overjoyed with. 
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    edited July 2017
    Derivative in the sense that it is based in a virtual world.  However, if you are a certain age, probably 45 plus, and grew up playing computer games there are a huge number of references in the book to pick up on.  Many film and music references as well. One in particular, I was overjoyed with. 
    I enjoyed the book.

Yet the trailer suggests that the film has been made for the Transformers generation. I can't imagine the Joust and Defender references will make it into the film. Parzival will probably be shown playing Call of Duty instead.

The trailer music was good though, reminded me of Pure Imagination on steroids.
  • goatgoat Frets: 98
    I think you nailed it mellowsun, definite Transformers vibe to the trailer unfortunately. The book was great fun though.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9880
    They did some filming in Birmingham I believe, in Digbeth and the bit by Snow Hill on the way to the Jewellery Quarter. When we heard they'd picked those areas to be a dystopian sort of ghost town, we thought...blimey it's going to need a lot of touching up to be that good. Hence the CGI :)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    'Yet the trailer suggests that the film has been made for the Transformers generation.'

For now I am trusting Spielberg, but that would be a travesty. It would make the Doctress Who controversy a storm in a  B cup.*

*First used by Sid James in 1963