Virtual Reality

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28368
    edited July 2017
    Sporky said:

You are entitled to your opinion but it's not really valid.
    Are you sure that's what you meant to type?

Yep
    So having tried it and gotten motion sickness, my opinion that it gives me motion sickness is invalid?

Though I suppose by your own logic, if you've not tried it and had motion sickness then your opinion is invalid. Ta-da! :D
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17632
    tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    Sporky said:

You are entitled to your opinion but it's not really valid.
    Are you sure that's what you meant to type?

Yep
    So having tried it and gotten motion sickness, my opinion that it gives me motion sickness is invalid?

Though I suppose by your own logic, if you've not tried it and had motion sickness then your opinion is invalid. Ta-da! :D

I'm not really sure what you are on about.

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    Don't fall for the VR dream, they want us to be zombies living virtually 24/7. Fahrenheit 451 realised. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Emp_Fab said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    I beg to differ.  You won't be able to stop it taking off once people realise they can fuck Beyoncé from the comfort of their living room whilst eating a Pot Noodle.
    Pot Noodle? classy touch, I'm sure she'll be impressed.
    Dude... "She" isn't real!  That's the whole point!  You could take her from behind while wearing a chicken suit and playing 'If you liked it (then you shoulda put a ring on it) on a kazoo, if that's your thing.

Presumably for this specific 3D scenario a prosthetic arse is part of the package, or it'll be like humping air.

Of course.  The company that makes the first lifelike interactive digital robo-foof is going to make trillions of moneys.  I'm investing when it arrives.
    We did make the "haptic cow" for training vets (use your imagination). I'm sure with a few modifications....

For those non-believers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1FkTXnftCg
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1775
    FX_Munkee said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    I beg to differ.  You won't be able to stop it taking off once people realise they can fuck Beyoncé from the comfort of their living room whilst eating a Pot Noodle.
    Dude... "She" isn't real!  That's the whole point!  You could take her from behind while wearing a chicken suit and playing 'If you liked it (then you shoulda put a ring on it) on a kazoo, if that's your thing.

Presumably for this specific 3D scenario a prosthetic arse is part of the package, or it'll be like humping air.

Of course.  The company that makes the first lifelike interactive digital robo-foof is going to make trillions of moneys.  I'm investing when it arrives.
    We did make the "haptic cow" for training vets (use your imagination). I'm sure with a few modifications....

For those non-believers
    haha that's brilliant!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    FX_Munkee said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Emp_Fab said:

For those non-believers

"Beyoncé from behind."

I guess that's the answer to Emp's prosthetic rear-end dilemma resolved, then.

• koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4143
    I must admit I am not interested in virtual reality as I think there is too little interaction with people now. I like to talk to people go out have dinner and conversations. What's wrong with living in the moment? 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I must admit I am not interested in virtual reality as I think there is too little interaction with people now. I like to talk to people go out have dinner and conversations. What's wrong with living in the moment? 
    You can't get to shag Beyoncé in real life?

• SporkySporky Frets: 28368
    Nothing at all.

But for most people (who don't get motion sickness, if the one statistic I've heard is accurate) then VR might well enhance already-solitary activities, such as video gaming and going to the cinema (assuming one is not the yack-all-the-way-through-the-film type).

It also has genuine benefits in engineering, simulation and data analysis.

It just makes me feel quite ill, and where it's done with active 3D it also makes me feel very, very angry in a very short period of time - about ten seconds is enough. So I avoid it. Because - believe it or not - I don't like being angry.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."