Micro USB Charging Cables

ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
For phones, PS controllers, e-cigs etc.
Has anyone managed to discover a brand that don't fall apart when you look at them funny?
It's not the cables themselves I have problems with it's the charging end seems to get bent or knackered very quickly.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1783
    The Anker braided ones on Amazon seem pretty decent (guy next to me at work uses one).
    I've never had any issues with the ends bending though - are you charging things in a tight space where you're bending at too tight an angle?
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Just kids being less than gentle with them really. Seems to happen alarmingly frequently though.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I'm with you I bought 3 braided ones and only one is still working, doesn't seem to matter how much you spend on them just pot luck.

Also I notice some only charge at a slower speed.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28665
    I imagine if you make the little bastards children pay for replacements they'll suddenly start lasting longer.

I bought one of these packs a while back, all still going strong.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WMCIH90/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • https://www.amazon.co.uk/Synchronization-Smartphone-S7-S7-Edge-S6-S5-S4-S3-Note-5-6-7-8-9-10-Motorola/dp/B01NBP51BC

Wonder if that's any good. I've seen some metal jacket ones at the local garage, they're certainly tough. 

However, if the end is being bent at right angles, it'll ruin the inner cable regardless I'd have though. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11876
    My kids are always destroying these things :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    underdog said:
    I'm with you I bought 3 braided ones and only one is still working, doesn't seem to matter how much you spend on them just pot luck.

It does seem to be a lottery.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6720
    I bought a pack of 5 different lengths (1 x 3m, 1 x 2m and 3 x 1m) Volutz cloth braided cables. Been using and abusing them for ages. Quality. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10454
    ennspek said:
    underdog said:

It does seem to be a lottery.
    Some have a fair amount of resistance, due to the crap quality of the cable which does indeed limit the charge current.

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • TavernorTavernor Frets: 85
    ennspek said:
    For phones, PS controllers, e-cigs etc.
    Has anyone managed to discover a brand that don't fall apart when you look at them funny?
    It's not the cables themselves I have problems with it's the charging end seems to get bent or knackered very quickly.
    I burn through these bastard's at an amazing pace. Just purchased a 2m goodmans one from less than a fiver. I'll report back in due course..