Mic for recording classical guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 988
    viz said:
    mellowsun said:
    @viz thanks, sounds fantastic. Bridget seems to be using a single mic and the recorded sound is beautiful.

Very clear demonstration of technique too, must look into some lessons
    Yes, she's a really experienced teacher, very well regarded. I'm sure she does personal lessons, though I don't know for certain, but if she does go for it, she'll be amazing. Also she has excellent links with the uk classical guitar community.

Been enjoying her Classical guitar column in Guitar Techniques magazine for years. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10708
    Indeed! You should get her books then - the anthology and the compendium. They're really great. The first one comes in tab and non-tab versions. I got the non-tab :( !
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 988
    viz said:
    Indeed! You should get her books then - the anthology and the compendium. They're really great. The first one comes in tab and non-tab versions. I got the non-tab :( !
    Ouch!

Did that once with a Bach transcription book, skipped through it in the store & seemed fine.  Got it home and looked at it closely & realised....no tab!

Its been sitting getting dusty on my shelf for years, but I should make an effort.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuminousLuminous Frets: 210
    https://luminous1.bandcamp.com/track/alhambra-blues

2 Rode nt5's through a presonus valve preamp...its a Flamenco guitar so a bit brighter. I have a tiled wall in my studio but a bathroom or kitchen would do...My 1st attempt at mixing in Mid/Side if I recall correc tly.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    I've never tried it on acoustics but I can imagine an Aston origin maybe worth a try, in combination with their new starlight sdc,.. but then I'm an Aston fanboi...
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    @Luminous sounds great. Nice flamenco playing, wish I could get to that level!  You've captured quite a close-mic'd sound that really picks up the detail yet has a nice stereo spread too.
  • LuminousLuminous Frets: 210
    @mellowsun , thank you for saying ....I'm thinking its the mid-side that makes it spacious
  • vizviz Frets: 10708
    duotone said:
    viz said:
    Ouch!

Did that once with a Bach transcription book, skipped through it in the store & seemed fine.  Got it home and looked at it closely & realised....no tab!

Its been sitting getting dusty on my shelf for years, but I should make an effort.
    Lol exactly!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.