That Beatles chord !!

What's Hot
Don't know if anyone saw this

http://www.musicradar.com/news/this-is-the-right-way-to-play-the-beatles-a-hard-days-night-chord

I am going to have to try it at rehearsal with my band.  see if we can do it as a group

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Try this one:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    Try this one:

I've heard that segment on the radio, it's from Randy Bachmans CBC show "Vinyl Tap".  He's been doing a two hour spot every week on all things popular in music in the last 50 years or so, with emphasis on guitar.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4942
    I've always had it as the Dm11/G (voicing for one guitar) one, but I thought it was the 4th fret?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Whatever the chord is thank you so much for posting that Randy Bachmann clip.
    I haven't heard that in ages and it made me smile my head off sat on the train with headphones in.
    You can hear the excitement in his voice after him and the band play it the first time and it's so striking.
    I wish that clip went on to let us hear the whole song they played.

Thank you.
    I'm smiling like an idiot, that was brilliant. 
    :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    I use the Dm11/G voicing. Try it on an electric 12 string with a touch of delay, awesomeness. =)
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited July 2017
    Great clip that.

I play it in single guitar band and just play (low to high) 3 5 3 5 3 3. Makes it recognisable enough. 

*edit* which after seeing the article in the first link is what they suggest as well. 

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10452
    Great clip that.

I play it in single guitar band and just play (low to high) 3 5 3 5 3 3. Makes it recognisable enough. 

Yeah that's what I do too, close enough

Funny enough if you strum all six open strings people will recognise it as Hard Days Night so the actual exact voicing isn't essential
    Not saying I didn't enjoy the clip though cos I did ;)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Will try that chord thanks. 

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 887
    edited July 2017
    To be honest people will recognise lots of.songs even with the wrong chords. 

If you just played. Em G D A people would still recognise wonderwall it just doesn't sound right.

I play strawberry fields starting in G. Which I am sure is wrong. But sounds great

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Damn, now I want a 12-string Rickenbacker.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Always wanted one. Even thought about buying one of the cheap Thomann ones. Albeit not right now as due to redundancy I am totally broke sadly 

Always wanted one. Even thought about buying one of the cheap Thomann ones. Albeit not right now as due to redundancy I am totally broke sadly 
    I gots me one of those & very nice they play & sound too. All the jangle I could ever have wished for.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They look very nicely made. Lovely guitar dude

They look very nicely made. Lovely guitar dude
    Thanks, they really are nicely made, It's instantly Byrds/Hollies/Beatles every time I plug it in.......You can probably tell I'm an old git. :)

• I love all those bands. And all the sixties stuff on the nuggets compilations. 

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Great clip that.

*edit* which after seeing the article in the first link is what they suggest as well. 

Yeah....that's the one I learned ages ago...think it was in a TG mag or summat. I viewed it wrongly though - as a G7sus4....which it is really but that bass being on D really makes it Dm11/G....but in common parlance if you said play a 3rd fret G7sus 4 to a guitarist he'd get the right sound even if wrongly labelled.
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    If you are playing it as the sole guitarist in a band, try adding the A as a bass note, it works really well. So (low to high) 553533. That's my favourite version, anyway. 
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6524
    Talking of Beatles songs and playing them identical to the record (or not)....we once got asked to play I Wanna Hold Your Hand for a birthday gig but to change "hand" to "foot". 
    Apparently the woman's husband used to mess about with the lyrics and sing "I wanna hold your foot " back in the 60's when they were first courting.

you'd be surprised how much harder it is to sing "foot" than "hand" in those higher parts, due to the more closed "oo" vowel sound compared to the nice open "aaaa" in "hand"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    chrisv said:
    If you are playing it as the sole guitarist in a band, try adding the A as a bass note, it works really well. So (low to high) 553533. That's my favourite version, anyway. 
    How the hell do you manage to finger that chord?
    How many fingers do you have on your left hand?
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    mart said:
    chrisv said:
    How the hell do you manage to finger that chord?
    How many fingers do you have on your left hand?
    Ha! Barre across the third fret with your first (index) finger, second finger frets the low E string at the 5th fret, third finger frets the A string at the 5th fret, fourth (little) finger frets the G string at the 5th fret