Scales - best ones to get to weigh electric guitars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5059
    Decent digital kitchen scales that weigh up to 5kgs (11lbs) are perfect for the job IMHO and you can get a decent set off eBay for about £10-£15 delivered. The bigger the flat bit on the scales the easier it will be to weigh guitars.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28650
    Also mains powered ones are better than battery ones.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33826
    Sporky said:
    Also mains powered ones are better than battery ones.
    I prefer mine petrol powered.
    Better tone.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    The Amazon luggage scales I ordered earlier have just been delivered and are definitely worth a punt at £6.99. They seem to be pretty accurate - at least they are consistent! Using them, I now know my Tele (complete with Bigsby) weighs 8.1 lbs, my Jazzmaster 8.26 lbs, my ES347 10.1 lbs and my Guild acoustic a featherweight 4.4 lbs. I'm off to weigh more things! :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Baby scales. Accurate, perfect weight range and bigger surface area to hold a baby. Often can be found on gumtree for a tenner or less.
  • rossirossi Frets: 1705
    Chalky said:
    Baby scales. Accurate, perfect weight range and bigger surface area to hold a baby. Often can be found on gumtree for a tenner or less.
    Good advice ,same here .Cost a tenner on Gumtree and also weighed our little grandaughter  for a while .
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Chalky said:

Yeah, but they'll be covered in snot, shit and vomit. Mind you, so are my guitars!
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    G minor Pentatonic?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>