Wall hangers I've never been confident enough to put some up.

What's Hot
adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
Currently I have my guitars squashed in the corner of my living room and usually keep one out handy to play. I rotate that. 

I'm reasonable at DIY but worry about hanging up my guitars. though if I could put some on the wall I could buy some more :) 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited July 2017
    If you have a solid brick wall to screw in to I'd use tapcon screws (no wall plugs needed) the weight they will hold is massive, once they're in the wall they're staying in.

If you have plasterboard walls use correct metal anchors and setting tool and they too will more than cope with the weight of a guitar, they hold radiators no problem.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14333
    tFB Trader
    http://herculesstands.com/us/products/fretted-and-bowed-instrument/guitar/wall-hangers/

GSP38WB is the option I use in the store and home - don't mark the guitars

They do come with raw plus but I'd use your own and more substantial - Not sure if you are fitting on brick, plasterboard or wood but as long as you get a good fixing then no issues

Just a quick word when fixing, make sure it is the right way round ref the up/down locking part of the hanger - easy to do upside down - You'll sort it out when you get it in your hand
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    Thanks guys appreciated. I had a bit of a mishap in my previous flat with a shelf that I put up that may have fallen on my wife's bonce. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5549
    This is on my to-do list! I think I'll get those Hercules ones, cheers @guitars4you and only a tenner each.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    edited July 2017

I use the GSP39WB - three screws rather than two so in my head that's got to be better. Mine have been up for years without any issues. I also ditched the supplied screws and rawlplugs and used some about double the length to be safe. My walls are over a hundred years old - shit plaster with hair in it over stone so as long as you drill into the stone they are secure.

• DominicDominic Frets: 16140
    Go on ,fit some and live dangerously..........................
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited July 2017
    I don't even touch regular plasterboard anchors anymore as they're still ropey

Ive hung all my guitars with Hercules wall hangers using Gripit fixings. They are the only plasterboard fixing I trust  
    tFB Trader
    Gagaryn said:

I use the GSP39WB - three screws rather than two so in my head that's got to be better. Mine have been up for years without any issues. I also ditched the supplied screws and rawlplugs and used some about double the length to be safe. My walls are over a hundred years old - shit plaster with hair in it over stone so as long as you drill into the stone they are secure.

in the store I do use the GSP39WB - but have them mounted on a  wood plank/beam/facia, that was professionally fitted - so Hercules are now just screwed on to the wood facia

Installed well and they take the full weight of any guitar and the guitar can't fall off the bracket
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1211
    Gagaryn said:

I use the GSP39WB - three screws rather than two so in my head that's got to be better.

+1 for these. The more screws the better! ;)
    Link to my trading feedback
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I don't even touch regular plasterboard anchors anymore as they're still ropey

Ive hung all my guitars with Hercules wall hangers using Gripit fixings. They are the only plasterboard fixing I trust  

I like the metal splitting ones when used with the setting tool to split them they work perfectly.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13957
    edited July 2017
    I use String Swing hangers, screwed into metal plasterboard fixings into plasterboard. Been using these for years, no issues at all, holds a Les Paul easily and no marks to any type of finish. I use the short yoke ones so the guitars sit nice and close to the wall which looks better. Long yoke on acoustics.

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12669
    Hercules all the way for me - for about 10 years. No issues.

We used them at the old Line6 offices too - as there were loads of guitars and basses kicking around the place. I'm not sure what fixings the guys used to attach them to the plasterboard there, but despite a lot of daily use we didn't have any issues there either.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9671
    I would go for Hercules over String Swing, purely on the basis that the Hercules ones *don't* look like some weird sex toy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I would go for Hercules over String Swing, purely on the basis that the Hercules ones *don't* look like some weird sex toy.
    a guitar shop for women - with a blank wall and a row of String Swing brackets at 3' or so of the ground and things might get interesting
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    What's weird about them??
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I've got 6 electrics on one plasterboard wall using hercules GSP 39 hangers with the metal plate and 3 screws.
    I use proper plasterboard fixings and they have never once failed, although the plasterboard in our room is very thick so maybe that's a factor.

I was nervous about it at first but in over a year they've never once moved or stressed the wall so I stopped worrying.
    It's lovely not having them cluttering up floor space and they look amazing hanging on the wall.
    I'm really happy I did it and the hercules hangers are the best I've ever seen.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33826
    I have 12 string swings on the studio walls.
    Never had a problem with them.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I do it the other way round. 

Hang the wall off the guitar. Much safer. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9671
    What's weird about them??
    Sorry, nothing - I didn't realise you could rotate them.
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2808
    Go for it.  Best thing I ever did.