What's Hot
2»

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    Brilliant.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    edited February 2014
    They should have just soldered the wires to the jack, trimmed them to a good length to work with and tinned the other ends and the back of the pot (and not soldered them to the pot) . 
    Then the player has just 2 solder joints to make which is about the least work that you would have to do
    For people with a typical underpowered soldering iron, soldering to the pot is much harder than soldering to the jack, so I would leave the jack end unconnected.

Although you can make the pot easy to do by bridging the ground terminal to the pot body with a wire instead of soldering it directly, and then soldering the jack wire to the terminal instead of the pot body...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    A terminal block for connecting the socket maybe?
    Though I'm puzzled by this, it so clearly doesn't work that you'd think someone would have noticed by now, so is there something we're missing?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom