SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED - WTB:Any Superstrats out there (Suhrs, Tom Andersons, Grosh Guitars etc)?

What's Hot

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Thanks for your comments and submissions so far but still searching
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1816
    Hi Kos,

The L3's are totally not hot output - in fact they are quite vintagey in their way - the onboard boost is tweakable via a micro pot in the cavity as is the output of the in-between sounds on the 5 way.

The older EMG Luke 2 and L3 are totally different beasts.. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for the heads up @welshboyo :)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    yuri_1973 said:
    Get my Vigier , you won't look back
    Only because he'll be constantly scanning the horizon for some poor unfortunate to foist it upon.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    octatonic said:
    yuri_1973 said:
    Only because he'll be constantly scanning the horizon for some poor unfortunate to foist it upon.

@octatonic :lol: Are you not a fan, James?
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    @ kebabkid.....I know you were not taken with PRS but have you looked at the Brent Mason model
    It will certainly still do your Humbucking power but they are very Stratty on the single splits and v quacky
    there is no vol drop on the single coils - certainly worth watching a few reviews
    edited August 2017
    Thanks Dominic.

I dare say the build, playability and sound-wise would be good but I don't like the look of them.

In the main, I'm after classic styling with modern refinements
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    DLM said:
    octatonic said:
    yuri_1973 said:

@octatonic :lol: Are you not a fan, James?
    No, they are actually a great guitar.
    I was just messing about.
    I've never found one to try, sadly. Rubbish distribution over here. :( I'm still not quite sure about the look, but that's not the most important criterion.

Seen this, Cos?

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/109639/

At least it's under budget and in the country. Ask Mags' advice on how to spend the surplus, he seems to have a better idea than most...

edited August 2017
    Thanks @DLM and I have. I wouldn't discount the Rasmus models and I played a few when they first came out and thought they were great but I don't want a Floyd and not hooked on the colour. I think it was the S100 that I particularly liked.

Cheers and any S-Style HSS Grosh's out there? Loving Mark Lettieri (great player) from Snarky Puppy's NOS Retro Classic. That's more me.
    And so's not derail the guy's thread, I've seen the Schecter that's just come on from Dr.Cornelius.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7201
    Kebabkid said:
    And so's not derail the guy's thread, I've seen the Schecter that's just come on from Dr.Cornelius.
    Cheers KK , very decent of you :-)
    No worries and GLWTS
  • hairmetalhairmetal Frets: 319
    Rich at Stormshadow Guitarwork has some great pre owned guitars for sale currently.... amazing guitars, you will not be disappointed.
    Thanks. I'll try him to see what he has but not after a Stormshadow, per se.
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    edited August 2017
    Kebabkid said:
    AndyJP said:
    The Luke 3 hh is a great guitar mate. Neck is a soft v. Slim without being too skinny..
    Can cover a lot of ground this one...
    Thanks Andy. Are they not a little hot in the output? I also need them to have good cleans and for me, the best dual humbucking guitar I've found that produces good, funky and quacky cleans with a 5 way are the Suhrs. PRS guitars didn't do it for me although the CU22s were better than the CU24s for that.

Apologies if I'm fussy here, both on spec, colour and location but I want to get it right for me. I'll be hitting the "Surrey Ring" of shops within the week, possibly this weekend (Andertons, Guitar Guitar & Guitar Village) as well and need to see if a baseplate I had fitted to my Robert Cray Strat bridge pickup has worked and is pleasing to my ears.
    Hey buddy, nah it's not super high output. The split sounds are quite fendery sounding. A fair bit of quack in pos 2 lol. And you can set the level of the split tones with the trim pot. 

edited August 2017
    Thanks everyone for your input, interest and suggestions but I'm sorted now.

Upon going to Guitar Guitar today equipped with my pedalboard with the purpose of trying a PRS DGT, they'd just gotten in a very nice used Suhr S2 Pro Standard (maple board, 2 X MLs, 1 X SSH+, floating Gotoh 510, SSC - not sure?, locking tuners) in a Mercedes/Metallic Blue.

I compared the 2 guitars and whilst I loved the neck, feel and staggering quality of the DGT and the stellar overdriven sounds, the nice cleans just weren't "my sort of cleans". However, the Suhr delivered in every way and had just benefited from an excellent set up. Loads of spank and quack and those MLs are quite bold and work well with effects. They're really well matched with the bridge SSH+ HB and so are the volumes, but the guitar can also sing on overdriven sounds.

Not my pic but it's hard to capture it on camera and get the hue

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8/Hawkeye1717/Guitar/Picture004.jpg?t=1248057384

If like me you're the sort of person who plays functions and wants a range of sounds or to be specific, wants to try and emulate clean sounds ala Nile Rodgers, Andy Summers and Eric Johnson and then switch to overdrive to get Huff, Lukather, Schon and classic rock sounds that have great note articulation and a clarity and sing, then something like the Suhr would be a good place to look.

I will say that if I was ever in the market for a Humbucker guitar, I wouldn't get a Gibson LP/335 but I would buy a DGT. It really is a lovely guitar.

Next quest, looking for a PRS DGT Treble bridge HB pickup. Anyone and may even start looking at Suhr Teles ;)

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    edited August 2017
    Lovely score Cos. Looking forward to hearing that through your /13 rig at a meet up soon!

...wait, what do I mean 'hearing' it!? I want to play/steal it at the next meet up...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

edited August 2017
    Thanks Jules. It marries up all the best bits of my other 2 Strats and more.

I'll just let myself bed with it for a while and when I know it's absolutely fine, I may feel confident enough to chop n' change bits from the other 2 and make one great back up.