New Cort

JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    Seems like a cross between the specifications of the Cort G Series and their Hiram Bullock signature model. In my opinion, locking machine heads and an immediate pickup upgrade would be desirable.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    The Hiriam Bullock I had was really good. Only down fall was that it was maybe too light...
    In that case, you had better avoid the Fender Brown's Canyon / Old Growth Red Wood Telecaster! :)
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3027
    That looks really quite tidy, I could see myself playing one but...

I can't get my head around companies like Cort,Tanglewood etc. They seem to be all over the place, are perfectly usable guitars and some of the specs on paper are really good.  However,despite things like Cort trying to raise their profile with signature guitars, they seem to be stubbornly ignored by guitarists. I do wonder sometimes how companies like these raise their status in the guitarist collective consciousness.
    Cort(ek) increases its sales by manufacturing for other companies. If it says Crafted In Indonesia on the back of headstock, the Cort factory made it. If you have any qualms about ethical business and workplace practices, you might prefer not to look too closely at Cort(ek). 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Cort do a lot of limited runs on guitars and do make some great stuff, my main guitar is a Cort Xltd-16, which is in my totally bias opinion: amazing.. :)

Cort are a bit hit and miss though, i also own two Cort X-6's.. one is really nice to play and i've had for over 10 years, so i got another one (i wanted a floyd rose) and it is a total dog.. Exactly the same model only it had a floating bridge. Hasn't been touched for a long time.
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    LuttiS said:
    Cort do a lot of limited runs on guitars and do make some great stuff, my main guitar is a Cort Xltd-16, which is in my totally bias opinion: amazing.. :)

That does look rather nice... stop tempting us...

Off topic a bit I was looking for a fretless bass, and like some of theirs. They do a nice fretless 4 which is real tidy.

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Ravenous said:
    LuttiS said:

That does look rather nice... stop tempting us...

Off topic a bit I was looking for a fretless bass, and like some of theirs. They do a nice fretless 4 which is real tidy.

Not just looks.. feels nice too.. and did i mention the price? Sub £500 :)