The real meaning of altruism...

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031

Awww...

What a nice man...

"I...just want to find someone who can use and love them like the previous owner did"

This.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    "Some slight rust"

Not sure slight is the correct word there...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14286
    tFB Trader
    @HarrySeven ; - they remind me of working in the store with my granddad in the mid 70's as a Saturday lad when I was 14/15
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    They've been loved by the previous owner (who kept them in a fish tank) and refurbished by an electirical enginner. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    He will get that ad taken down by ebay... you can't advertise three things on one advert, and only be selling one of them unless you set it up that way.

Frankly, £300 for an Overdriver is about right - if slightly low if it was mint... that isn't, so I think he may be lucky on that one if somone is desperate for one. The other two are 'rare', but thats because they were... of their time. And a collector is only going to be interested in one that hasn't been stored in a garden. Those are not in good cosmetic condition and therefore are of limited interest to a collector - and so a player may be interested in taking one on to give them something 'different'... but frankly, they are not going to spend big money to do so.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14448
    LuttiS said:
    "Some slight rust". Not sure slight is the correct word there...
    Hey, hey. My, my. More rust than Neil Young & Crazy Horse.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    They certainly are 'rare in this condition'.

The vast majority of them are nowhere near that bad.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1774
    "Been checked by a reputable electircal enginner who confirmed the pedals were marked as made in 1974"
    As an electrical engineer I wish that people paid me to confirm the date markings on things!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    That's because you're not an electrical ENGINNER...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2246
    Electircal...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    slacker said:
    Electircal...
    That too! :)

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    How are you supposed to know which pedal you're buying?
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    BigMonka said:
    "Been checked by a reputable electircal enginner who confirmed the pedals were marked as made in 1974"
    As an electrical engineer I wish that people paid me to confirm the date markings on things!
    I'd rather he confirmed they work.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24809
    I've seen British Leyland cars of that age which are less rusty....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom