Mooer Red Truck...multi FX with analogue drives and digital FX

siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
edited July 2017 in FX

Just discovered this on youtube after watching the Mooer mini wah (Wahter) and I gotta say this looks n sounds very good! Its not patch based so is like 6 pedals stuck together but still even so....sounds good! What ya think? It seems you can pre program up to 5 at once via its loop switcher.

vi

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017

A quick Google seems they price @ £225-239....hmmm I need to go n try one of these, sounds good and looks good in the demos above and seems like a mini pedalboard solution, instead of a PT2 loaded to the gills...

another plus is its onboard cab sims so would make a good DI solution for straight to PA or to AI for home recording/playing through your monitors. Seems a small boars with a lot to like about it. :-)

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727
    siraxeman said:

A quick Google seems they price @ £225-239....hmmm I need to go n try one of these, sounds good and looks good in the demos above and seems like a mini pedalboard solution, instead of a PT2 loaded to the gills...

another plus is its onboard cab sims so would make a good DI solution for straight to PA or to AI for home recording/playing through your monitors. Seems a small boars with a lot to like about it. :-)

I like the look of it as well.  I've since got a Helix but it could be a great mini solution that fits in a gig bag.   The demo's sound good.  If you try one let us know what you think.
  • jamesguitarjamesguitar Frets: 147
    There's already a thread on these - fair play to Mooer though, they're bringing out some great kit and are innovating more than a lot of the bigger brands!
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16146
    Humbles some of the posh boutique stuff in design,innovation and the fact that it probably sounds 90%as good for 10% of the price
    Being analogue/digital (ie in the right places) and having a loop makes it the ideal lil pedal board for a gigging guitarist who likes to use his own (guitar) amp....so none of that 'digital' tone that I've never found able to escape with any digital modeller. Don't get me wrong here - I LOVE digital modellers, but for me when its a live gig drives HAVE to be analogue and I like a 'real' amp, and this unlike most multi FX out there will work with my kind (*and folks like me) of set up.
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    Just been reviewed in this months Guitarist magazine. Looks interesting, I'm keen to try one.
    #thebatesmotelband
  • I would like to try one as well. I'm unsure about the preset setting though. They said it's like a loop switcher so it will just engage certain parts which you can choose but that would suggest you can't have different settings saved for each preset. For example you might want a big lead setting with huge reverb trail but then a rhythm setting with a shorter slapback sound, but the way they worded the video suggests that you can't have two seperate settings for two presets. Can anyone clarify?

Also it's a shame they used a preamp in the fx loop for the whole review because it doesn't show what the red truck sounds like on its own!
  • These used will be a great buy. I think I will wait till one pops up. Just leave it in my gig bag as back up

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Is the Nux Ceberus better?
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw