NAD: HH IC100

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
edited July 2017 in Amps

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14459
    I'm beginning to worry about your "State Of Mind". 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Now THAT is cool :).

It's in really nice condition for one of those too, minimal pitting on the knobs. Check the filter caps haven't started to leak, it's becoming very common with them - but they're easy to change.

What does the extra mini-switch do?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    I'll be investigating it in depth later. £30 in my local Cash Converters.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Probably lucky the ELO stencil is on the bottom, they might not have noticed it and put the price up. Assuming anyone in there even knows who ELO are, of course…

I think those panels are identical so you can put it back on top where it belongs and is less of a 'Secret Message' :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1636

Err? Do we have a  Statute of Limitations on stuff nicked from roadie's vans?

Just a thought!

Dave.

• Damn that's cool! If it's up and running, how does it sound? 
    I would use them for keyboards. Harry would probably use them for guitar in a New Wave tribute band.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    I remember when they first came on the scene, we all wanted one, they just looked so cool, and had an output that did finally get somewhere close to a valve amp - it was the future :)
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24812
    So quite pricey compared to most of your amps then?
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6158
    DJH83004 said:
    I remember when they first came on the scene, we all wanted one, they just looked so cool, and had an output that did finally get somewhere close to a valve amp - it was the future :)
    Surely that was the VS Musician? Same looks, different innards. I had one as my first amp: sounded alright, but fairly mild crunch. I thought the IC100 was cleaner.
  • DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    edited July 2017
    You are absolutely right Goldtop, I was just referring, to the generic HH brand coming on the scene, and the stir it created, with us youngsters  s
    They're not that radically different from each other - neither sounds anything like a valve amp in the way critical modern players would accept, but both did crack the two main performance problems of early solid-state amps... volume in relation to rated power, and reliability. They were definitely professional-quality equipment, and weren't cheap when they were new.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14294
    tFB Trader
    I bet you can't find the 'mushroom' footswitch for them - certainly in good working order
    That switch would probably fetch more money than the amplifier itself. Mr. Seven probably has a flight case full of them! ;)
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    Chap,

One of my oldest friends is one of the biggest Jeff Lynn/ELO fans on planet earth. I showed him some pics and his face kinda imploded.

He's beyond jealous... if you ever decide that you don't have space for it, I can put you two in touch.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    Duly noted!

• DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    Balls to ELO.  I'd be going full Bauhaus with that little beauty!
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!