Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

whats the point of compresor pedals

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17669
    tFB Trader
    It took a comp with clean blend to make me "get" them. 

The Tone Press was the first one where I thought "I want one of these", but the SP is a perfect combination of size, sound and functionality. I think it's on the small list of things I can't imagine ever leaving my board. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TunezTunez Frets: 15

Note to self....My Keeley is fine. I don't need the Xotic SP! My Keeley is fine. I don't need the Xotic SP! :)
    Seriously, EVERYONE needs an Xotic SP! Just sold my Keeley on here, the Xotic completely dominated it!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3334
    Ah @Tunez, and @Monquixote for that matter. Stop! Divorce will be nigh!

Ok. This will probably be my first "wife sneaky" of 2014!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13570
    Lixarto said:
    Vital for bass, acoustic guitar and vocals.

Not really necessary for electric - pace country.
    pretty damn useful for "that"  strat pos 4  funk sound tho  (I refrained from saying necessary)

makes acoustic sound awful

thing is,  it isnt a single  use one sound, - learn how to set it up
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 366
    edited February 2014
    i could probably do with one for fattening my jazzier solos when i play with the neck PU of my strat.
    But after having experienced what power stage compression sounds like from my old Badger the pedals sound a bit artificial for me. 
    I might still have to have one if my current set up doesn't do the trick although I can't afford one anymore
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    @monquixote does it function ok as a boost into a drive with the compression set low?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17669
    tFB Trader
    It works really well to push a dirt box. 

You can also drop the blend and use it as a clean boost. 

I've tried it stacked into a Liquid Sunshine, a Shredmaster, a Plimsoul and a Bogner Red and all of them liked it. 
    Catthan said:
    i could probably do with one for fattening my jazzier solos when i play with the neck PU of my strat.
    But after having experienced what power stage compression sounds like from my old Badger the pedals sound a bit artificial for me. 
    I might still have to have one if my current set up doesn't do the trick although I can't afford one anymore
    Try an Xotic EP Booster for that!
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 366
    Kebabkid said:
    Don't know, are these Echo Plex like? If so I've got a Clinch EP+. Great with OD
  • I have 4 uses for the Rothwell Lovesqueeze 1. To push an overdrive 2. After a fuzz face. I have a fuzz face that cleans up really well. With the Rothwell after it the difference between volume of full on fuzz vs sparkling clean is negligble. 3. To induce an amp in to harmonic feedback at lower volume. 4. To balance out the volume on clean rhthym parts so I don't get in the way of another guitarist's solo.
    Catthan said:
    Kebabkid said:
    Don't know, are these Echo Plex like? If so I've got a Clinch EP+. Great with OD
    Hi T,  yes, I believe they're based on the preamp in the Echoplex. All I know is that it'll fatten up your clean sound and works well on single coil to achieve a pseudo jazz tone (back off your guitar tone knob as well) . With OD, be it amp or pedal, and before something like an OCD or Zendrive, it will not only thicken it up, but it'll push the OD and make it a tad gainier in a very natural way.
    Mucking about with its placement plus the internal dip switches helps tailor things but I believe I have the switches on the factory default.