PC has died.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JayceeJaycee Frets: 310
    Emp_Fab said:
    I do wish people would resist the temptation to post daft guesses, however well meaning they are.  The symptoms described point to anything BUT a hard drive failing.  If I asked for help on why my carrots weren't growing well and someone suggested it might be because there wasn't enough bleach in the soil, I'd be pretty pissed off.

If you don't know enough about a subject to give advice then don't.
    I do wish people would resit making assumptions about the knowledge  they think a person does or does not have.

The symptoms Chillidoggy are the same I had on one of my own computers, once I changed the hard drive, Installed an operating system the computer worked for years after that.  My last two computers I built myself and I upgrade and maintain friends and families computers.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    I trembled with fear when I saw this thread. Phew.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24349
    Jaycee said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    I do wish people would resist the temptation to post daft guesses, however well meaning they are.  The symptoms described point to anything BUT a hard drive failing.  If I asked for help on why my carrots weren't growing well and someone suggested it might be because there wasn't enough bleach in the soil, I'd be pretty pissed off.

If you don't know enough about a subject to give advice then don't.
    I do wish people would resit making assumptions about the knowledge  they think a person does or does not have.

The symptoms Chillidoggy are the same I had on one of my own computers, once I changed the hard drive, Installed an operating system the computer worked for years after that.  My last two computers I built myself and I upgrade and maintain friends and families computers.  
    If you're seriously suggesting that a computer with corrupted video that gives POST beeps with no video output after rebooting could be a hard drive fault then may I politely suggest you stop playing about with other folks' computers.

I've been doing it professionally for twenty four years.  It's not his hard drive.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 310
    I was merely giving my opinion based on what I have experienced with my own computer.  Without having the machine in front of us diagnostics from a forum will be trial and error.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

Calm down!

The hard drive did run when I turned it on, I could hear it, but there was a blank screen, and the internal bleeping.

But it's resolved itself now. For now, anyway.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    This looks like it's turning into another Chilli/toaster thread.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)