SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTD : Sterling by MusicMan guitar (JP/AX/Silo)

Looking for one of the Sterling by Musicman guitars. AX30 or 40, JP60, Silo 20 or 30. Must be vgc with no issues.

Not looking for the lower end Silo3 or AX3 models.

Can part exchange a Pacifica 510v with wilkinson trem, Duncan P-Rails and Grovers in near mint condition against the Sterling.

Cheers

Keir
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14453
    honkytonk said:
    Looking for one of the Sterling by Musicman guitars. AX30 or 40 

Not looking for the lower end AX3 models.
    Have you played guitars from those two series back to back? ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1007
    What's your point @Funkfingers?
    are the lower end ones good or bad? 

Ive got a hankering for a valentine sterling model (even though I have no interest in maroon 5) so I'm wondering about the quality of them. 
  • PwaloPwalo Frets: 113
    I have a red burst JP100D if that's of any use. Not after a trade though....
  • Yes I have played them back to back and the AX40 felt and sounded closer to a USA Axis than an AX3 is to the AX40. There was nothing wrong with the AX3 just didn't do it for me the same.
    I have a couple of Sterling Ray 35 basses which I really like too. I wasn't as keen on the Sub Ray 5 basses I tried. Again nothing wrong with them, just felt more comfortable with the 35 models.
    Cheers!